DIY or Buy: Day-Of Emergency Kit
While we hope you don't have any emergencies on your day, it's always better to be safe than sorry. It’s important to have those just-in-case items to make sure your dream wedding goes off without a hitch (psst, take our Style Quiz to determine your ideal wedding vision and start planning). The matron or maid of honor should pack them in a tote bag and stash it in a safe but easy-to-access place during the wedding reception. If you're not the DIY type, we've got one already made for you.
If you're planning on making your own emergency kit, here's a list of essential (and some optional) items to pack:
- Breath mints: Get your mouth ready for that first kiss with mini mints. Altoids small mints, $16 for pack of 9, CandyWarehouse.com
- Tweezers: From stray hairs to clumped lashes, you never know when these will come in handy. Tweezerman Ultra Precision point tweezer, $36, NeimanMarcus.com
- Blotting papers: Keep shine away with oil-absorbing sheets. Sephora blotting papers, $8, Sephora.com
- Clear polish: Smooth out any unexpected chips for the perfect #ringselfie. Kur instant smudge fix, $14, LondonTownUSA.com
- Lipstick: Touch up your lip often with a mini tube in your shade of choice. Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick, $36, Sephora.com
- Tissues: For dabbing away happy tears (and keeping your eye makeup on point). Kleenex On the Go slim pack, $2 for pack of 3, Drugstore.com
- Hair spray: Splurge on a high-quality formula to make sure your ’do stays put. Bumble and Bumble thickening hair spray, $11 for 2 oz., BumbleandBumble.com
- Fragrance: Dab a scent on your pulse points to smell amazing all day. Acqua Di Parma Gelsomino Nobile body cream, $95 for 5.25 oz., Sephora.com
- Face mist: Just one spritz of this spray infused with herbal essential oils refreshes makeup and calms skin. Caudalie beauty elixir spray, $18 for 1 oz., Caudalie.com
- Stain remover: Pack a portable stain removing pen for any sudden spills. Tide Tide to Go mini, $3, BedBathandBeyond.com
- Fashion tape: A quick fix for falling hemlines—and plunging necklines. Hollywood Fashion Secrets fashion tape, $9, Ulta.com
- Makeup bag: Look for a larger bag to hold your day-of items. We love the sleek greige color of this one. Cuyana leather travel case set, $110, Cuyana.com
Optional DIY Items
- Dental floss/toothpicks
- Granola bars or other easy-to-carry snacks
- Krazy Glue (for nail fixes, shoe heels, decorations, even jewels)
- Sunblock (if you'll be outdoors)
If you're too busy to make your own emergency kit (and we don't blame you), consider buying a prepackaged one like the Shemergency Kit by Pinch Provisions. This handy pouch is a steal at $35 and contains 40 different products to keep you looking—and feeling—fresh on your wedding day. The best part? Everything is travel size, so you can also take it on your honeymoon. If you really love it, give it to your engaged friends as a fun and practical shower gift.
Not sure where to begin with your wedding planning? Take our Style Quiz and we'll pull together a custom wedding vision and vendors to match, just for you. After that, create a free, personalized wedding website to keep your guests informed (and excited!) about your plans, and a time-saving Guest List Manager to organize your attendees. Even better? You can sync your Guest List Manager and wedding website to update everything at once.