Mayfair Farms

Food + Catering, Planning

481 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange, NJ

Truly Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Sophia T

I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Mayfair Farms. Our experience was truly amazing. We choose Mayfair after looking at over 50 venues. The atmosphere was so inviting with the fire place right upon entering, it felt like being welcomed into an old Victorian... Read More mansion. It had the perfect feel of what we were looking for on our New Year's Wedding. My husband and I worked with Joanne S. who was absolutely fabulous. She worked with us (and my mother) to tailor everything from the menu to wine making sure that it was exactly what we wanted. She even had extra meetings with her staff to ensure that the night flowed perfectly. The staff at Mayfair is also exceptional. From the receptionist to our maître’ ds, Rich and Susan, to my bridal attendant Bertha, everyone was on top of their game and helped to make our wedding extra special. We wish we could do it all over again!

Spring 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Kaitlin N

Mayfair Farms did an awesome job for our May 2014 Wedding! The food was amazing, the service was excellent and everyone we talked to said they had a blast! The food, space, and music play such a huge part in the overall experience and the people at Mayfair know what they are... Read More doing! It is reasonably priced for the area. I would highly recommend their venue to anyone considering having their wedding there.

A Classic Affair

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Brittany S

Mayfair Farms provided us with a beautiful, vintage background for our wedding. Their formal elegance was the perfect mixture of modern updates and classic embellishments. The food was savory; the drinks were abundant. The staff was amazing, attending to our every need. Our... Read More maitre d' was professional and warm. She carried my train, gave us picture hints and even packed up our dinners--since we were so busy dancing! I would absolutely recommend Mayfair Farms to my closest friends and family! Be sure to check it out!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Odette H

I don't even know where to start: No one can stop talking about how fabulous our wedding was and I know that was in very large part to Bill, Rich, and the whole team at Mayfair Farms. Bill was always so helpful and open with the planning process which made what could've been a... Read More stressful thing so easy! They were able to customize the bar menu to have some of our favorite beers and spirits available to our guests and were very excited to help us make this a special day. Rich was a superstar the day of the wedding! We didn't have to worry about anything at all thanks to him and my bridal attendant. He made sure us, our bridal party, and our parents were well taken care of throughout the day and he was quick to respond to anything that could've been a problem. Thank you Mayfair Farms for helping us put together and pull off the most memorable day of our lives that people will be talking about for years to come!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Ashley C

My husband and I got married on July 16th, 2016. Our reception was at Mayfair Farms. The venue could not be more perfect! We were over the moon with the way they treated us, bending over backwards for anything that we wanted. Additionally the price of the venue was so affordable... Read More for the amount of food and service that they give. My guest were constantly stating that our wedding was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We had Richard as our maitre d, and he was the absolute BEST! Not only did he ensure that the room was perfect, exactly how we wanted it, he was also extra caring towards my husband and I. He has a wonderful personality, remembers everything and had things done before I even asked. There's no way my day would have been half as amazing without him. The food was also out of this world. Every item was delicious from the cocktail hour to the Viennese hour. The grounds are well kept and make for the perfect background for photos. The old world charm, farm to table food and excellent staff made choosing Mayfair Farms the easiest decision for us to make. I would definitely suggest Mayfair Farms to anyone who will listen, they made our special day so perfect we can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kristina R

There are not enough words to describe how happy we are that we chose Mayfair Farms for our wedding. When we began planning our wedding, we both had our priorities in what to search for. Both of us wanted an outdoor wedding, and the grounds at Mayfair are absolutely beautiful.... Read More We were supposed to have our ceremony out back at the gazeebo, but the night before our wedding, it rained. Instead, they put us out on the patio, which actually worked even better. So our preference for an outdoor ceremony was a smashing success! Going back to our priorities at the beginning of the planning process, my husband wanted a venue with good food. Of all the venues we visited, Mayfair was the only one that was confident enough to offer us a free tasting of the menu without having to first put down a deposit. And, boy, were they right!!! The chicken francese is amazing, as was the salmon (and I’m not a fish fan!!!). As for the appetizers, where to even begin (the pigs in a blanket are awesome!!!). So our preference for good food was, once again, another smashing success! Our guests were so happy with their dinners. Finally, there was the amazing service. Our maître d’ was Richard, and throughout the whole process, from start to finish, he was real cool, easy to work with, always available when we had a question. On the day of the wedding, he was nothing short of spectacular. In fact, during our cocktail hour, we were so busy taking photos with our bridal party, that he brought out hors d’oeuvres and literally hand fed us!!! And then there was our bridal attendant, Bertha, who was nothing short of spectacular as well. She was always there when we needed her, but never hovered. It was almost as she could read our minds. Both of them – Richard and Bertha – were so attuned to what we needed. We never had to say, “jump.” Instead, it was like they said, “we know you want us to jump, so you just tell us how high.” I really can’t overemphasize how important this amazing service was for us. Having a wedding can be really crazy, and they always made sure that we were able to enjoy our special day. If it wasn’t for the two of them, I don’t know what we would have done. They were simply indispensable. All in all, we couldn’t be happier. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Allison B

My husband and I had our wedding at Mayfair Farms on March 19th, 2016. We started looking for venues in March 2015, and for the subsequent year Joanne was the most amazing wedding consultant. She responded to my emails in a timely manner, she gave me her honest opinions and... Read More advice in regards to my multitude of questions, and she made my husband and I feel cared for from the moment we booked them in March 2015. The price they quoted us was incredibly fair and they were a pleasure to work with. Things could not have gone better the day of. We had Rich as our maitre'd, and he was legendary. We had so much fun with him and he made sure we were all taken care of as we got ready and had our pictures taken. He is such a gentleman and has a wonderful personality. We took pictures both inside and outside and the grounds and building were just beautiful. We had our ceremony in Mayfair Farms as well. I was a little nervous about how the mirrors would come out in pictures, but it provided a unique backdrop since I could see everyone no matter where I was standing during the ceremony. The cocktail hour was extraordinary. Family and friends thought the cocktail hour was the dinner; there was such a wide variety of delicious food to choose from. Rich and the waitstaff made sure my husband and I were taken care of by bringing us food and drinks throughout the cocktail hour. The ballroom is beautiful and was plenty of space for our 175 guests. The dinner was spectacular. How many venues give you 4 options for dinner at an incredibly reasonable price?! People raved about dinner and ate everything even after stuffing themselves at the cocktail hour. From the moment we walked in in March 2015, until we got in the limo at the end of the night, Joanne, Rich, and the entire staff at Mayfair Farms took incredibly great care of us and I could not recommend them more for your wedding. Thank you Joanne and Rich!! - Allison and Joe

Wonderful and Professional!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kristen

I could not be more pleased with how my wedding reception turned out. Everyone at Mayfair Farms was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish, and my bridal attendant was extremely attentive and accommodating. I would recommend their services to anyone!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Erin C

I cannot say enough good things about Mayfair Farms. They were wonderful to work with and made sure our night was beautiful. The service was excellent and the food delicious. I would recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone looking for a venue in the area!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Erin C

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

When I look back on my wedding day (which was absolutely perfect), I know without a doubt it was the team at Mayfair Farms that ensured that perfection. Every step of the way, from first visit to the big night, they were incredibly attentive, patient, dedicated and pleasant to... Read More work with. We had the pleasure of working with Steve throughout the planning process and Richard was our maitre'd on the night. Both were ABSOLUTE PROS and made my life so much easier. Richard truly went above and beyond during the wedding to ensure our every need was tended to - often even before we thought of it! He anticipated when we wanted another drink, made sure we ate (he even made me a plate during the cocktail hour!) - and did the same for our parents. It also must be said that the value you get from Mayfair (the beautiful space, the size of it, the amazing food, etc) is impressive. My husband and I researched and / or visited 85 venues in NY / NJ before selecting Mayfair so we had a lot to compare against. I've been to a lot of weddings at some of these other (often more expensive) venues and been far less impressed than our special night at Mayfair. It also must be said the venue itself and the grounds are totally beautiful. I can't stop looking at our photos. We had the upstairs ballroom (and entire upstairs) and were lucky that there wasn't another even that night. I am sure if there had been, it wouldn't have been an issue - they are a well oiled machine! I know without a doubt the decision to have our wedding here was the most important and best that we made - I am grateful to the entire staff for doing all they did to make our wedding THE BEST day. I hope to attend another event at this beautiful venue soon.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Patricia

We held our reception at Mayfair Farms on August 29th and I could not have picked a better venue and staff to work with. From the moment I walked in, I knew that this was the place to have the wedding of my dreams.They did such a wonderful job and were so accommodating to all of... Read More my requests. First of, the venue is breathtaking - it is not your typical NJ venue, full of marble, chandelier, which I LOVE - it is rustic, beautiful and elegant. They were a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the end, never wanting to force you into anything, and always made sure that the day was about what you wanted and not what they want to sell you. They ordered the special Brazilian liquor for my specialty drink, allowed me to have a traditional sweets table for Viennese that is part of every Brazilian wedding and even loved the idea! The venue itself very spacious, has BEAUTIFUL grounds and all the guests loved it, especially that cocktail hour was in a big room, and all guests had a place to sit down if they wanted to. They also raved about the food, martini bar, service and ambiance at cocktail hour and throughout the reception. Steve Meier was a pleasure to work with, as well as Richard, the Maitre D, and Jovan, my bridal attendant. They were so attentive to me and my husband during our day, making sure that we were all taken care of, that we always had a drink, or that we ate, had water, or if we needed anything at all. I dropped off some personal items for decorations the day before and they careful placed them were I requested, held them until I picked it up the next day, just lots of small things that went along way. I really wish I could go back and relieve the day, but until then I'll just hope to be lucky to attend an event at Mayfair Farms! Thank you Mayfair for hosting the wedding of my dreams. I could not have picked a better venue!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Amanda N

From the first moment I saw Mayfair Farms I knew I wanted to get married there! And after meeting with Stephen Meier and the rest of the staff we knew this was the place we wanted to have our wedding. Stephen was great to work with and always answered all of our questions in a... Read More timely manner. My husbands family is originally from Spain and Stephen was able to add in a specialty table during cocktail hour with some Spanish style cuisine. The grounds there are so beautiful and there are so many places/options to take some breath taking photographs. We were also able to to taste the food before booking, and the food was amazing! The Chef really knows what he is doing. They have plenty of chafing stations to choose from and we are still getting compliments about the venue and the food! They use Palermo's bakery for the wedding cake which was amazing and delicious. All the staff made us feel like family and worked together flawlessly. They were so attentive to our needs and made us feel like a King and Queen for a day. We can't thank everyone at Mayfair farms enough for making our dream wedding come true!

We love Mayfair Farms!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Michele B

Mayfair Farms was EXCELLENT! My husband and I recently got married on Friday, June 26th and we had a wonderful experience with Mayfair Farms from the very beginning. We worked with Joanne and Steve during the booking and planning process and they are both truly lovely to work... Read More with. They are very accommodating, easy to work with, and very genuine. When working with Steve and Joanne, we never felt as if they were trying to "sell" us, we always felt as if they were very real with us and they explained all details thoroughly. We went to at least 10 venues before visiting Mayfair Farms, and as soon as we sat down with Joanne for our first appointment we immediately felt comfortable. Steve and Joanne show that they truly care about the success of your wedding day, not just on the day of, but during the entire planning process they go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your choices as you go. Another thing that we loved about Mayfair is that we felt as if we truly got the "full package" without ridiculous up-charges that many other venues try to sell you. We had a FULL cocktail hour (there was so much food!!), then a salad, appetizer, and four dinner options for our guests, and a FULL Venetian dessert display (there were so many yummy desserts!!) Our guests are still talking about how great the food was! Secondly, our Matre D, Richard, was absolutely awesome. He was SO attentive to us, he was even feeding me (the bride) during the cocktail hour to make sure that I had the opportunity to try the different foods!! He also made sure that we sat down to eat our dinners. He even helped me take my heels off and put my wedding flip flops on! He was fabulous!! My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Mayfair Farms. We highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a classic, elegant wedding while still getting a ton of value.

We love Mayfair Farms!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Michele B

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Cathryn

We had our February 2015 wedding at Mayfair Farms and they did a wonderful job. Richard was incredibly patient and responsive, answering all our questions leading up to the big day. The grounds are lovely (even in the winter) and the food was delicious (people still talk about... Read More it). I highly recommend Mayfair. They'll go out of their way to make your day special.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Veronica B

We had our wedding reception at Mayfair Farms this April and everything went swimmingly! Our maitre d was always working to make us comfortable and keep things moving so we could get out on the dance floor! Our guests are still raving over the food and the service was... Read More spectacular! We had a switch in coordinators a few months before the wedding which made me a little anxious but there was ZERO reason to worry! The crew at Mayfair Farms were all professional and went above and beyond for my husband and I and our families.

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Ellen M

Wow! Mayfair farms was outstanding for our May 15 2015 wedding!!! A special thanks to Joanne and Susan!!!! Susan was outstanding she took care of my husband and I from start to finish she made sure we had food, drinks and that everything was going smoothly she truly made the... Read More wedding night flow so amazingly! Thank you Susan!!! The food is still being talked about by family and friends we wish we could relive this night just to enjoy the food this time!!!! Thank you Mayfair you made our dreams come true!!!!! Love Ellen and Phil

We love Mayfair Farms!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Erin D

My husband and I selected Mayfair as our wedding venue after a long search last summer. We were drawn to the history and charm of the building, and it was the perfect location for our reception! From the very beginning, Scott was amazing to work with. He answered every question... Read More we had and provided wonderful suggestions for dinner choices and even hotels for our guests. I had a great many photos and personal touches at the reception, and Mayfair made sure they were all in the right places and looked perfect! The food was wonderful, and our guests are still talking about it! We especially loved the Viennese room for dessert - highly recommend! During the reception, my bridal attendant and Scott made sure we had everything we needed and could just enjoy the night. The cocktail hour was also amazing, and they helped us select two signature drinks that our guests loved. Overall, we felt Mayfair was the perfect choice! We have incredible memories of our wedding that we will cherish for years to come!

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Francesca P

Months ago my fiancé and I met with Scott and immediately felt so comfortable and welcomed by him and his entire staff. He was very personable and genuine. He gave us a tour of the venue and it was gorgeous! It was cozy yet elegant, we were also able to try the food, which was... Read More out of this world delicious! I was ready to book right then and there! Unfortunately, we couldn't book the venue because it was too far for our friends and relatives to travel to :-( I just want to say thank you to Scott and the staff at Mayfair Farms, I have been recommending your venue to many people! (hopefully they'll invite me to their wedding so I can go back!)

Best wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Julie M

We just had our wedding at Mayfair Farms, Oct 25. And everyone who attended says "it was the best wedding we ever went to". Everything was perfect, I wish it lasted longer. Richard put everything at ease and went out of the way to accommodate us. I wish they had night where... Read More they invited all the couples back for a fake wedding. We missed so much wonderful food and cocktails, but at least our guests enjoyed everything. Nothing but the best, from the host to the bartender to the wait staff. Five stars!!!!

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Erin G

The entire staff at Mayfair Farms is great and easy to work with. The day of you will have a bridal attendant and a maitre d' who will be there to help with anything you need (sometimes even before you need it!) The menu is great, no hassle, no upcharges for things like a... Read More Viennese table, and the food is delicious! We had the Wellington Room and guests were out on the patio all night because the weather was nice (when they weren't inside dancing of course).

I still relive that day

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Geumbee L

Mayfair Farms will hold a special place in my heart and that of my husband's for as long as we both live. Joanne, Richard and all their staff made our wedding a beautiful, wonderful day. Joanne worked with us in every possible way. She took our many calls and responded to our... Read More many e-mails when we panicked and thought all was lost for certain. Richard personally saved me when I was feeling sick in my stomach with bitters and club soda. I felt sooo much better afterwards and was finally able to enjoy my own wedding for a little bit! The staff was so attentive and kind. And the food was amazing! All our guests told us how delicious the cocktail hour was and my husband and I can attest to the taste of our main course! The foilage during our October wedding was so beautiful and the grounds were just perfect. The pictures we have of that day could not have had a more storybook setting. I highly recommend Mayfair Farms for anyone who wants a wedding at a beautiful location where you will work with beautiful people. They will not disappoint you!

Great Experience & Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2013 Nicolette P

I recently got married at Mayfair Farms on 11/8/2013. I cannot say how great it was from start to finish! JoAnn was an absolute pleasure to work with and made us feel so comfortable and confident in our choice. Our maitre'd Richard was wonderful as was the entire staff. Our... Read More wedding was beautiful and our guests raved about the place and the food. I would highly recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone looking for a classic, elegant wedding venue and one that will be very memorable!

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Christine S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Mayfair Farms on September 7, 2013. From the very first time we met our coordinator, Scott, we knew we were in good hands. The staff was always courteous, accommodating, patient, and helpful. They really wanted our day to be... Read More perfect and special - and it was. They helped us with all sorts of little personal touches, and were more than willing to go along with almost anything we had planned for the day. The grounds are beautiful and were perfect for pictures. There was more than enough space for our large crowd (200 ppl) and the room never felt overcrowded or stuffy. Our guests loved the cocktail hour, especially the martini bar, and other than my husband's meal (he didn't particularly care for the lamb he chose), the food was wonderful! The bartenders were quick with the drinks and our personal bridal attendant (Chevon) was fantastic. We had a fabulous wedding and would recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone.