Mayfair Farms

(38)

West Orange, NJ

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Elegant Weddings & Banquets since 1943

A sweeping entry drive sets the tone for your guests to arrive in style at our 19th-century mansion. Situated on 13 beautiful acres of landscaped lawns and gardens, Mayfair Farms has earned its reputation by consistently providing high quality affairs to customers seeking excellence in fine catering.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site

481 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange, NJ

Spring 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 Kaitlin N

Mayfair Farms did an awesome job for our May 2014 Wedding! The food was amazing, the service was excellent and everyone we talked to said they had a blast! The food, space, and music play such a huge part in the overall experience and the people at Mayfair know what they are doing! It is reasonably priced for the area. I would highly recommend their venue to anyone considering having their wedding there.

I still relive that day

Reviewed on 3/30/2014 Geumbee L

Mayfair Farms will hold a special place in my heart and that of my husband's for as long as we both live. Joanne, Richard and all their staff made our wedding a beautiful, wonderful day. Joanne worked with us in every possible way. She took our many calls and responded to our many e-mails when we panicked and thought all was lost for certain. Richard personally saved me when I was feeling sick in my stomach with bitters and club soda. I felt sooo much better afterwards and was finally able to enjoy my own wedding for a little bit! The staff was so attentive and kind. And the food was amazing! All our guests told us how delicious the cocktail hour was and my husband and I can attest to the taste of our main course! The foilage during our October wedding was so beautiful and the grounds were just perfect. The pictures we have of that day could not have had a more storybook setting. I highly recommend Mayfair Farms for anyone who wants a wedding at a beautiful location where you will work with beautiful people. They will not disappoint you!

A Classic Affair

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Brittany S

Mayfair Farms provided us with a beautiful, vintage background for our wedding. Their formal elegance was the perfect mixture of modern updates and classic embellishments. The food was savory; the drinks were abundant. The staff was amazing, attending to our every need. Our maitre d' was professional and warm. She carried my train, gave us picture hints and even packed up our dinners--since we were so busy dancing! I would absolutely recommend Mayfair Farms to my closest friends and family! Be sure to check it out!

We love Mayfair Farms!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Erin D

My husband and I selected Mayfair as our wedding venue after a long search last summer. We were drawn to the history and charm of the building, and it was the perfect location for our reception! From the very beginning, Scott was amazing to work with. He answered every question we had and provided wonderful suggestions for dinner choices and even hotels for our guests. I had a great many photos and personal touches at the reception, and Mayfair made sure they were all in the right places and looked perfect! The food was wonderful, and our guests are still talking about it! We especially loved the Viennese room for dessert - highly recommend! During the reception, my bridal attendant and Scott made sure we had everything we needed and could just enjoy the night. The cocktail hour was also amazing, and they helped us select two signature drinks that our guests loved. Overall, we felt Mayfair was the perfect choice! We have incredible memories of our wedding that we will cherish for years to come!

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Francesca P

Months ago my fiancé and I met with Scott and immediately felt so comfortable and welcomed by him and his entire staff. He was very personable and genuine. He gave us a tour of the venue and it was gorgeous! It was cozy yet elegant, we were also able to try the food, which was out of this world delicious! I was ready to book right then and there! Unfortunately, we couldn't book the venue because it was too far for our friends and relatives to travel to :-( I just want to say thank you to Scott and the staff at Mayfair Farms, I have been recommending your venue to many people! (hopefully they'll invite me to their wedding so I can go back!)

Best wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Julie M

We just had our wedding at Mayfair Farms, Oct 25. And everyone who attended says "it was the best wedding we ever went to". Everything was perfect, I wish it lasted longer. Richard put everything at ease and went out of the way to accommodate us. I wish they had night where they invited all the couples back for a fake wedding. We missed so much wonderful food and cocktails, but at least our guests enjoyed everything. Nothing but the best, from the host to the bartender to the wait staff. Five stars!!!!

Great venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Erin G

The entire staff at Mayfair Farms is great and easy to work with. The day of you will have a bridal attendant and a maitre d' who will be there to help with anything you need (sometimes even before you need it!) The menu is great, no hassle, no upcharges for things like a Viennese table, and the food is delicious! We had the Wellington Room and guests were out on the patio all night because the weather was nice (when they weren't inside dancing of course).

Great Experience & Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2013 Nicolette P

I recently got married at Mayfair Farms on 11/8/2013. I cannot say how great it was from start to finish! JoAnn was an absolute pleasure to work with and made us feel so comfortable and confident in our choice. Our maitre'd Richard was wonderful as was the entire staff. Our wedding was beautiful and our guests raved about the place and the food. I would highly recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone looking for a classic, elegant wedding venue and one that will be very memorable!

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Christine S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Mayfair Farms on September 7, 2013. From the very first time we met our coordinator, Scott, we knew we were in good hands. The staff was always courteous, accommodating, patient, and helpful. They really wanted our day to be perfect and special - and it was. They helped us with all sorts of little personal touches, and were more than willing to go along with almost anything we had planned for the day. The grounds are beautiful and were perfect for pictures. There was more than enough space for our large crowd (200 ppl) and the room never felt overcrowded or stuffy. Our guests loved the cocktail hour, especially the martini bar, and other than my husband's meal (he didn't particularly care for the lamb he chose), the food was wonderful! The bartenders were quick with the drinks and our personal bridal attendant (Chevon) was fantastic. We had a fabulous wedding and would recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone.

Wonderful Venue!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Shawna K

Mayfair Farms did an amazing job from start to finish on my wedding reception. Our consultant, Joanne, was extremely detail-oriented and really "got" what we wanted. Our maitre'd, Richard, and his staff anticipated our every need- even needs we didn't know we had- at the reception. The room looked beautiful and all of the food was amazing. I would highly recommend this place- it's a great venue and a terrific value when compared with other venues in the area.

Amazing venue and wonderful service

Reviewed on 5/12/2013 Corinne A

From the moment I stepped into Mayfair Farms I fell in love with place. I wanted a venue that was spacious and had lots of natural light and we found this with Mayfair. Through the entire process the service was incredible. If I ever had questions or wanted to take a look again they were so accommodating and helpful. The day of the wedding Richard the maitre d was truly amazing. When we arrived to the reception after the ceremony he walked us up to the bridal suite which had champagne and hors d'oeuvres waiting. When we were taking pictures on the grounds he brought us more hors d'oeuvres and made sure we didn't need anything. He was always there and very attentive. He made sure we had a chance to eat our entrees and he was always there if we needed him. The Viennese hour was truly spectacular. The room was set up beautifully and Richard took us through to preview before he opened it up to everyone. The food was so good I kept wanting to eat more. All of our guests raved abut the food and dessert. I would highly recommend this venue. We truly had an amazing day and couldn't have asked for more.

Attention to every detail

Reviewed on 12/09/2012 Jaymar B

I was amazed at how attentive and thorough the service was. Everything was done well and with extreme attention to detail. Anything that we might have forgotten to do was taken care of without us even asking. You can tell that this is their business and that they really know what they are doing. The venue was amazing and everyone was very accommodating. We had such a great time, that we wish we could do it again. Thank you Mayfair Farms for everything.

PERFECTION!!!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Bonnie B

Let me start by saying 5 stars is not enough! Our wedding was October 20, 2012. I can not say enough good things about the owner, Jimmy Horn, the coordinator, Joanne Szibdat, or our maitre 'd, Richard! From the first time we went here, we were treated like family. Joanne and Jimmy coordinated everything wonderfully, from our personalized menu to the pricing. Our taste test was unbelieveable...a beautifully set table next to the fireplace with champagne, wine, appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts...enough to feed a table of 10! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect. Our maitre 'd RIchard was the best...I definitely did not go without eating at my own wedding as he fed me appetizers, potatoes from the potato bar, pasta, and filling my martini glass everytime it was empty! We left feeling like we were part of the Mayfair family and are so excited we have a wedding to attend there this weekend!

Best Day/ Happy Guests

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Annette P

We had the garden wellington room and absolutely loved it! The room opens up onto a patio in the back. We had a beautiful day, so we had our cocktail hour set up outside with a grill station. We started the whole planning process with Jenny, but she had left for another opportunity. As a bride, I got a little nervous because she was SO GREAT! However, everyone at Mayfair is great. Richard was very helpful with taking over the planning process, and Barbara who was our Maitre D the night of was an absolute sweetheart. The receptionist who always answered the phone was an absolute sweetheart as well. The food was DELICIOUS! The ballroom was beautiful, and the grounds were beautiful. They were very accommodating when something came up. We visited many venues when we started planning and this definitely was the best choice!!!

11/14/2012 Response from Cindy, the member

Hi, I was wondering if you had a night or day wedding? If it's at night, how are the grounds at night? Thanks!

Mayfair Farms

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Erin L

We had our wedding here about 3 weeks ago with about 175 people in the main ballroom and everything was FANTASTIC. I don't have enough words to express how wonderful everything was. Richard was great and provided us with everything we needed before, during, and after the wedding. Our head waiter, Robert was also superb. Every time we turned back around he had gotten what we asked, whether it be part of the bridal party or a drink! We didn't get to enjoy most of the cocktail hour since we were doing pictures, but the little we did get to have (shrimp, sushi, and lamb) was DELICIOUS, as was our main course, Chilean Sea Bass. This was soooo good! The maitre d made sure we ate and we were able to preview everything before hair. The Viennese hour was also delicious. Our cake was perfect, as were the cocktail infused coffees/cappuccinos, bananas foster, eclairs, etc. I loved the desserts!!! The entire night we felt like royalty. The staff and service was wonderful! If you are looking for a wonderful and affordable venue, check this place out. It will be worth your while!!!!

11/14/2012 Response from Cindy, the member

Hi, I was wondering if you had a night or day wedding? If it was at night, are the grounds lit up? Thanks!

Perfect

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 Nancy F

Mayfair Farms did not disappoint. It is gorgeous, inside and out; the food is excellent; the staff is superb. We fell in love with it when we went to see it, and we were not disappointed on our wedding day. I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Outstanding Wedding

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Molly M

Mayfair was amazing from the beginning planning stages all the way through the ceremony & reception. Joanne was incredibly patient with all my questions & was happy to help with my planning. Richard, our maitre de worked hard to keep everything running smoothly the day of. Everyone was raving about how beautiful everything was & how amazing the food tasted. We had attended a wedding there in 2010 & loved it which was one of the reasons we chose it. I would highly recommend Mayfair to have your wedding or any other event. They will do a great job with smiles on all of their faces.

Fantastic wedding venue

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Michela T

I had an amazing experience planning my wedding with the staff at Mayfair Farms. They got everything right that my husband and I asked for... nothing with mushrooms (high allergy for one of our guests), and our favors/place settings were placed just right. From the day of our wedding till still today, we have had great reviews and stories from our guests. Our maitre de was very attentive and nice too. Also, for an April day time wedding, the price couldn't be beat! Many many thanks and recommendations for this beautiful wedding reception venue!

Joanne is superb

Reviewed on 12/30/2011 Robyn M

We were so pleased to have our wedding at Mayfair Farms under the direction of Ms. Joanne Szibdat. She makes this venue a great place to have a fantastic reception. We did not worry about anything because Joanne conducts her business with integrity, honesty, and professionalism. We went to many other wedding venues and we chose Mayfair Farms because it is elegant, classy, and spacious. Additionally, the food was delicious and there are beautiful grounds. The venetian hour was amazing and we received so many compliments on the food and bar service. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and I would recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone as long as Joanne is in charge!

Our wedding was wonderful...

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Kathleen G

I can not say enought about the Mayfair Farms. They made everything about our day so special. The food was fantastic, the liquor was freely flowing and our guests all had an awesome night.

wedding

Reviewed on 11/09/2011 Dana G

Having my wedding at mayfair farms was everything I had ever dreamed of. The service was excellent, my guests are still raving about the food and the atmosphere! I highly recommend Mayfair farms!!

The Best Venue!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Marcy S

Mayfair Farms made my wedding! I don't think anywhere else could have done such an amazing job. Richard was my maitre-d' and he went above and beyond my expectations. Every time I turned around he was there to pull out my chair, get me a drink or wipe the sweat off my face. He did everything! No one had to lift a finger the entire night. He made sure everyone was comfortable and happy. I can't believe how on top of everything he was. He made sure we had enough refreshments in the bridal suite and managed the timing of everything to perfection. No one was in need of anything the entire night. The scenery was beautiful, the food was amazing and the service was spectacular. Not to mention the affordable pricing for everything you are getting. Even at the end of the night my bridesmaid had wanted a centerpiece to take home, but when she turned around it was gone. Two minutes later Richard came out carrying the centerpiece he set aside for her so no one would take it. Look no further for the best venue in NJ!

Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Susan C

I really can't say enough about my experience at Mayfair Farms. From beginning to end, the staff there was just amazing and the venue is so beautiful. Joann was so patient with us throughout the entire process and was always available to answer all of our questions. I also have to recognize the maitre d'. I was definitely stressed out the day of the wedding, like many brides are, and he made sure I was always where I was supposed to be. He even made sure my husband and I got to eat. I would absolutely recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone looking for a wedding venue in Northern/Central New Jersey.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Stephanie N

I had Joanne as my contact and she was so easy to talk to and to get a hold of. Any questions we had she was always eager and willing to help. The food was amazing; cocktail hour was over the top! You'll be shocked to find out all of the appetizers included in the package. Make sure you save room for the desert, wedding cake, pastries, chocolate fountain, banana foster, ice cream station, desert drinks - another hit with our guests! There was no extra charge to have a wedding ceremony outside vs. inside and we didn't have to make a decision until the morning of the wedding. The grounds we're prestine, perfect for the ceremony & pictures. We had the smaller room downstairs (Wellington room) and it was perfect. We had a patio for our guests to get some fresh air and our OWN BATHROOMS; there was no sharing with another wedding party. The staff was extremely nice and attentive. Anytime a guest got up from the table they would be there folding their napkin. They also brought drinks to the tables which lighted the crowd at the bar. The maître-d made sure my husband and I had time to sit down and eat uninterrupted and eat our dinners and take in and appreciate our wedding day. The only negative had nothing do to with Mayfair but their other restaurant Pals Cabin (same owners I think). We had our rehearsal dinner there since you get a bit of a discount if you are having your wedding at Mayfair but the service was not acceptable. Our party of ~25 people had only one waiter who was also the bartender. We paid for open bar but no one was behind the bar, at one point we started making our own drinks. We were rushed through dinner so fast that we paid for 4 hours we we're done eating within the first hour and a half (apps, salad, dinner & desert). Then the waiter was gone we had to go find him several times. My only suggestion, do not have your rehearsal dinner at PALS CABIN regardless of the discount. We have received many complements on Mayfair from our guests. The food and service, nothing but the best! I would recommend Mayfair Farms to everyone!

Great

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Kristy A

I loved this place, the food and service. Top notch!

Send Email