The Gardens at Great Oaks

Roswell, GA

Book Your Wedding with The Gardens at Great Oaks

A BACKYARD IN ROSWELL, GA

Nestled in the heart of Roswell, Georgia, is The Gardens at Great Oaks. This venue was a gift from the world-renowned Reverend Pratt to his lovely bride. Since 1842, people from all around have been flocking to this venue to exchange their vows. The beautiful wildflowers, one-of-a-kind gazebo and fountains serve as an ideal backdrop to your wedding. The various areas available at The Gardens at Great Oaks can hold anywhere from 10 to 350 guests.

The garden gazebo. This beautifully designed and well-lit gazebo can be a wonderful location for a sunset wedding. The garden gazebo is in the middle of The Gardens at Great Oaks grounds and can provide you with all of the beauty and ambience needed for your big day.

The Antebellum shade garden. If you are looking for an outdoor wedding with originality, then the Antebellum shade garden is the right fit. Surrounded by wildflowers and hydrangeas, this garden is both beautiful and large enough to accommodate your guests with ease.

The English tea garden. For a cozy and low key wedding ceremony, The Gardens at Great Oaks offers an English tea garden. You will be able to exchange your vows in the middle of this breathtakingly beautiful garden why surrounded by your closest friends and family members.

The century-old magnolia tree. Looking for a bit of rustic charm for your wedding ceremony? Then the old world appeal offered by the century-old magnolia tree. Getting married in this setting will allow you to enjoy the beauty of nature and the bounty that Mother Earth has bestowed upon The Gardens at Great Oaks grounds.

The north and south lawns. The best way to behold all of the beauty offered by The Gardens at Great Oaks is by getting a look at the north and south lawns. You can have your fairy tale wedding surrounded by lush green grass and large oak trees when choosing this area.

The Ajax hall. This area is both gorgeous and functional. It features vaulted wooden ceilings and a covered patio that is lit with elegant chandeliers.

The team at The Gardens at Great Oaks asks that you walk the grounds so you can choose the ideal area for your wedding. When using The Gardens at Great Oaks, you will not have to worry about choosing a caterer. The venue has a preferred caterer that will help you get the delicious food you need for your reception. Another perk that comes with using The Gardens at Great Oaks is you will be able to bring in your own alcohol. The estate manager employed by The Gardens at Great Oaks will help to monitor your event. The caterer recommended by The Gardens at Great Oaks will help you to set up and break down the wedding, which means you will be able to relax after your fun-filled day.

For most people, the decision to use The Gardens at Great Oaks comes down to the first-class amenities they have to offer:

• No charge for the ceremony or wedding rehearsal
  • Venue provides 200 white wooden chairs for your ceremony
  • Only one wedding scheduled per day, so you won’t feel rushed
  • A 30-foot-by-50-foot white canopy available at no extra charge

We create beautiful memories on your wedding day!

The Garden at Great Oaks is a historic estate built in 1842. This home is beyond gorgeous with sprawling green grass, cozy intimate ceremony options by the gazebo or historic well, great reception space where you can dance the night away, and a staff to make your every dream come true. We can accommodate intimate weddings of just 10-20 guests or larger weddings up to 250 guests. Whatever the size or type of wedding you dream of, we can make it happen for you.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning

786 Mimosa Blvd, Roswell, GA (770) 693-6010

The Gardens are PERFECT!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Barbara B

If you are looking for a wedding venue in the Atlanta area that will provide you with the most beautiful, unique setting-- look no further than the Gardens at Great Oaks. From the moment I stepped foot on the estate I knew that I wanted to have my wedding there. The Gardens... Read More has everything I wanted in a venue, gorgeous grounds, an intimate setting and a quintessential "Southern feel." To top it all off you can bring you own alcohol!! Another thing that sets the Gardens apart from other venues in the area is the guided tour of the (insanely beautiful) home. Our guests loved having a tour of the home and learning its history. We owe a huge debt of thanks to the estate manager, Joi Klan, as well as our wedding planner, Pat Gardella. Joi really knows her business. Her number one priority is to make sure the bride and groom have a wonderful wedding. She is extremely protective of her brides and goes to bat for them at every turn. I can't say enough that Joi knows her business-- trust her and you will undoubtedly have a SUPER wedding!!

Daughter's Wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Helen A

I would highly recommend The Gardens at Great Oaks. Joi was a pleasure to work with and her knowledge of other vendors was spot on for recommendations. The facility was beautiful for my daughter's December winter wedding. Joi went above and beyond for us and worked with us on... Read More all our decorating ideas. Ajax hall looked beautiful and the Christmas lights on the mansion added to the ambiance. Joi was available for us every step of the way and ensured we had a beautiful event. Joi and our wedding planner Pat make a great team and really ensured that all our needs were met. As the mother of the bride I could not have asked for a better team to work with. The pictures we took inside the mansion were beautiful and the house tour was a great hit with our guests.

November 16th,2013 wedding

Reviewed on 12/11/2013 Amanda J

I would highly recommend The Garden at Great Oaks to anyone that is looking for a venue that has class,beauty and character. My husband and I were so unbelievably happy on how our wedding turned out there this past November. Joi, the estate manager, made my day absolutely... Read More perfect! As my new husband put it after our wedding.."it was a truly EPIC night/wedding!" Sincerely, Amanda Jordan Steinhour

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Danielle B

My husband and I were just married here 11.11.17, and our wedding was truly priceless. We had the time of our lives with the help of Joi and Tamzen keeping everything in order so we didn’t have to worry about a thing! Despite the changing weather and large guest number, it felt... Read More like a cozy party of a lifetime. I’ve not had a single guest say a negative word about the venue, staff, or catering. If we had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Elliott F

First of all, I would like to state I never take the time to write a review for any of the events I attend. However, I do attend quite a few throughout the year. I was a guest at the a wedding earlier this month and I was so impressed with the venue and service I felt... Read More compelled to give accolades to the person in charge running the show. When I inquired of one of the waiters who the manager was, I was introduced to Joi. She was a pleasant and gracious host who by the looks of it all, ran a very tight ship. The gardens were wonderfully manicured and the ambiance graced the wedding with a modern/Old South feel. The whole experience was great and I would recommend The Gardens at Great Oaks to anyone. In fact, I already have!! My hat goes off to Joi and The Gardens for an event I will not likely soon forget. ​

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Katherine P

My wife and I are the Executive Chef and Wedding Cake Designer for the preferred vendors at Gardens at Great Oaks. We work with Joi on a weekly basis and get to witness first hand all of the amazing weddings that Joi and Tamzen put together. While we did not have our wedding at... Read More the Garden's we referred to Joi's expertise for many decisions for our own wedding. Joi helped me find the most amazing tuxedo which was exactly what I was looking for. She also referred us to one of the most talented and interactive Dj I ever had the pleasure of working with, Dj Kiki. These are just a few examples of Joi's amazing resourcefulness and willingness to help make someone's special day perfect! Joi, you are AMAZING! We have and will continue to recommend Joi and the Gardens at Great Oaks to any person that we encounter and meet. - Kat & Suli Perry

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Daphnee T

We got married at the Gardens at Great Oaks on 10/8/17. Joi and Tamzen were fantastic, answering our incessant questions and always quickly responding to emails. They pointed us in the right direction for everything, from vendors to the limo at the end of the night. They were... Read More very receptive to many of the things we wanted to incorporate into our wedding and bent over backwards to make them happen. Even when rain came into the forecast, they made it work in a way where you barely noticed the wedding was probably supposed to be outside. While we were disappointed not to be able to use the garden area for the ceremony, our wedding did not suffer thanks to Joi and Tamzen and their staff.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Brittany C

We were just married at the Gardens of Great Oaks, 10/7/17 and it was wonderful. Joi and Tamzen were there every step of the way. They stayed up beat and positive the whole time thus keeping me the same. If I had any question what-so-ever I could email or call them and get... Read More almost an instant response. The day before (rehearsal) they were patient and fun with our crazy party. They took us through step by step of everything that would happen and how. And the day of.... Just WOW. Talk about on it! Anything either of us needed one of them was right there to make it happen. Ours turned out to be a particularly hot evening and randomly Joi would take me aside and cool me down and give me water. Just wonderful. The venue was beautiful just the way it is. Little need for extra frills. However add-ons do start to hike up the price quickly, but that's no fault of the venue. The only thing I would have changed would to have been able to have my bridesmaids in the suite with me. I think because it is a small room they like to keep it close family only. Other than that I could not have asked for a more perfect day.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nandra M

I truly cannot express how wonderful The Gardens at Great Oaks, Joi, and Tamzen were to us for our wedding!!! Both the groom and I live in TX and neither of us is from Georgia, so when we were deciding on wedding venues, we loved how easy Joi made it for us to have our... Read More perfect wedding at The Gardens. She called all the vendors personally to get quotes for us while we were there and the vendors worked exceedingly hard to ensure that we stayed within the budgeted amount they originally quoted us. From day 1 of our wedding planning, Joi and Tamzen both were heavily involved and so helpful with their many years of experience. On the day of our wedding, I had none of the usual stress of trying to solve any issues that arose and instead, got to focus on my wedding day, my new husband, and our friends and family that were there to celebrate that special day with us. Joi and Tamzen took care of everything that came up, ensuring that the guests, as well as us and the wedding party were taken care of. Honestly, considering the fact that we were putting the wedding together from a distance, everything came together perfectly on our day. I cannot thank Joi, Tamzen, The Gardens, and the rest of the vendors for everything they did to make our day the most perfect wedding day ever! I would HIGHLY recommend Joi and The Gardens for anyone considering a beautiful, historic venue that wants to work with someone with the experience and expertise that Joi and Tamzen have!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Meredith T

Perfection. Perfectly beautiful venue and the organization of the staff made our event a perfect wedding. Seriously. They knew how to make things happen we had not even thought of. Our guests were blown away at how fantastic the wedding was. We are forever in Joi and Tamzen’s... Read More debt. Get on their calendar ASAP if you can.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Julie S

Absolutely beautiful venue! Joi and Tamzen were so helpful with everything, our wedding couldn’t have been better!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Katie W

On September 30, 2017 we had the most beautiful wedding for our daughter at the Gardens at Great Oaks. From the first meeting with Joi and Tamzen we knew we were at the right place to host such a big event. My daughter was the first of our children to be married so this was... Read More all new to us. Joi and Tamzen were there to guide myself and my daughter throughout the entire process.. There was not a detail left out. They were a great source of finding the right vendors, coordinating the vendors, and making sure on the big day everything went off without a hitch. I can truly say it was absolutely a perfect day. I would highly recommend The Garden at Great Oaks with Joi and Tamzen for your event. The venue itself is beautiful and Joi and! Tamzen make it perfect!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kate S

Kudos to Joi, Tamzen and their staff for helping our son and his bride make their wedding a wonderful affair! Minister Green's ceremony was thoughtful and touching. We appreciated his clear focus on this particular couple and his personal touches. Joi and Tamzen did an amazing... Read More job of corralling all of the wandering groomsmen and excited bridesmaids, despite a tropical storm, late arrivals and last minute changes. They provided all that was promised and more, keeping participants calm and moving forward (and dry!) They operated in the midst of the festivities, not from a remote office, and one or the other was always there when we had questions. The event moved forward throughout the evening through their efforts, without missing a step. Joi's personal care and focus on the happy couple and their attendants helped everyone approach the event with calm and joy, rather than bundles of nerves. Tamzen made certain that all the elements were in place and all the activities took place as planned. I think their combined spirits even quelled the storm! We would choose The Gardens again, with no reservations.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Brian I

My wife and I found this venue and it was exactly what we were looking for. The estate manager, Joi, made sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted, down to the smallest details. It was the perfect mix of romance and a party. Joi was our biggest advocate when it came... Read More to our vendors and the cost. She knew our budget and made sure we didn't go over it. We loved having our wedding here. Joi - Thank you for making it the perfect day and so much fun!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Amber R

I was a bridesmaid in a dear friend's wedding here and everything was perfect. The house is gorgeous, the grounds are immaculate, and the coordinator on site, Joi, knows her stuff! The day went smoothly, everything was planned and scheduled down to the minute, which is so... Read More important when you have so many moving parts, and the wedding party didn't have to worry about a thing, which was so nice. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kelly F

I attended/participated in a wedding yesterday and it was spectacular. The grounds and facilities were beautiful. The wedding coordinator Joi was very professional and took care of every detail to make sure things ran smoothly!! Everything was perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Pam H

We were blessed to host a wonderful engagement party for our son and his fiance at the beautiful Gardens of Great Oaks in March of this year. From start to finish, Joi and Tamzen guided us through the planning necessary for our vision of this lovely evening to come to life. Our... Read More event spanned Ajax Hall into the lovely connecting canopy on the garden patio.n Guests were blown away by how nice everything was. Joi "took care" of the entire bridal party from the moment we arrived - champagne chilled and waiting, noticing some dirt on the bride's shoes and whisking them away to be cleaned, and scouring the gardens for blooms to replace something our florist failed to deliver. She worked with the caterer to make sure everything we had planned went off without a hitch. The venue itself is, as has been noted in other reviews, amazing and beautiful, and everything you hope a noted historic home would be, but the personal guidance and service you get from Joi and her staff and vendors is beyond compare. THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Winona W

First I want to thank Joi and Susan helped me planned this wonderful wedding! I could not think another way to make this wedding better! Joi is the most passionate person I have ever met. She really listened to my ideas and gave me great suggestions! When I was planning the... Read More wedding, I actually didn't have much visions of how the wedding would look like. Joi would always give me great suggestions and helped me to save money as well. Joi suggested us to have a round seating layout for ceremony instead traditional rows of seats. It turned out really nice! Susan, my wedding coordinator, she was so kind and very detail oriented. Working full time and planning a wedding at the same time was hard for me. But Susan always took care of things I forgot and reminded me things in advance. I was so glad to have Susan to help me! If you are a bride looking for a beautiful, fairy-tale looking venue, and you would like to have responsible, passionate people to work with you, the Gardens at Great Oaks is definitely your dream wedding venue! PS: every time you visit the Gardens to have meeting with Joi, she will feed you the most delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Ryann I

My husband and I had our dream wedding at Garden at Great Oaks! Joi and Tamzen took such great care of us and had our best interests in mind the entire time. They were aware of our budget and made sure that we had our perfect wedding without breaking the bank. They listened... Read More to our ideas, made suggestions, and in the end made sure we were 100% happy with every decision. The day ran seamlessly from the moment we arrived to our exit. Joi made sure the men were fed and even did some troubleshooting before the ceremony and pictures when one of our groomsmen got too sweaty. Every detail was thought out, which made the day very low stress. It was really the little details that made the biggest difference. The vendors worked together like a team and the night ran like a well oiled machine, which speaks volume about the way the estate is run. Our guests are still talking about the wedding and have said that it was like a fairy tale. We couldn't agree more!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Erin B

We haven't yet decided wether or not we'll be having our wedding at this venue, but Joi has literally been my favorite person so far in dealing with different venues. Absolutely loved her straight forward, candid personality. Her and Tamzen both were completely amazing and so... Read More beyond helpful. They really broke down the complete process in a way I have yet to seen done at any other location I've visited. They alone may be the reason (aside from the beautiful property) that we choose this venue opposed to our other "close runners". Thanks for all the help ladies!

2017-05-27T07:08:56 Response from the vendor

What a wonderful and generous review. We loved reading your thoughts this morning. This made our day and we thank you! Our objective is always to listen to our brides and grooms and exceed their expectations. We hope we have the honor of hosting your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Samantha A

We had our wedding at The Gardens at Great Oaks May 2017. The venue was perfect for our 85 guests. The ceremony was outside by the well and the reception was in Ajax Hall. Joi and Tamzen were so knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with! They helped me plan my dream wedding and... Read More I could not be happier. All the preferred vendors were amazing! You can't go wrong with The Gardens at Great Oaks! I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Triessa H

Last year I helped my daughter plan her wedding. I was here in Georgia. She was living in another state. After considering/visiting a variety of local venues, we chose The Gardens at Great Oaks. Each of the other venues had things to offer, but The Gardens at Great Oaks was... Read More unique. Yes, it is a beautiful location, and yes, it is unique because of its historical value, but it also came with something else of great value-- namely, two ladies named Joi and Tamzen. Their combined experience, know how, organization, relationships with vendors, and personal flare was invaluable to me as we planned each detail for my daughter's special day. They offered personal encouragement and guidance along with coffee and cake at the kitchen table. The big day arrived, and everything went swimmingly. It was a marvelous day filled from start to finish with beautiful memories that I will cherish forever. Life is full of surprises and twelve months later I unexpectedly found myself planning another wedding-- my own. Who else would I turn to, but my friends at The Gardens at Great Oaks once again. Once again, Joi and Tamzen proved their worth and walked me through each detail. When our confirmed number of guests rose above our expectations, they made suggestions and adjusted. When the chances of rain on our own wedding day increased, they suggested and implemented a “rain plan.” My wedding was beautiful. Everything came together, and I now have another special day filled with beautiful memories to cherish forever.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Tori F

My husband and I just got married at The Gardens at Great Oaks and we cannot imagine anywhere else for our perfect day. As former consultants and currently living in NYC, we needed to work with a venue that was very organized and accommodating with our limited time to view the... Read More site and make decisions with vendors. Joi and Tamzen, the team at the Gardens, really do help make your dream come true, and when your day finally arrives, you really don't worry about a single thing besides enjoying every moment. The vendors they recommend are spot on and have a great working relationship with the Gardens (so important to ensure everything runs smoothly!). They give enough options for you to have options and personalize based on what you want. They are extremely helpful when it comes to suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback --- take what you want and make it your own. The site itself is amazing; getting ready in the bridal suite in the house made everything very easy (and Joi pampers with champagne and sandwiches), pictures were beyond gorgeous at the hundreds of photo ops around the estate, and our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception each felt so unique and special all at the same property! We had about 130 guests seated indoor/outdoor, a staged band, and our dance floor was set-up under the stars with Italian lights strung over it -- truly magical. Our day was perfect in every sense, not a single hiccup or issue, and as someone that has high expectations of others I really can without a doubt say it was the team at the Gardens that made it happen. They don't operate like other venues that operate 'wedding factories' with multiple events a day, they pour their hearts into it all. If you're looking for a whimsical, romantic, garden wedding with lots of options on the estate and fantastic partner vendors, this is the place.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Madeleine R

The first time my fiancé and I met Joi we knew this was the place to have our special day. She was very open to our ideas, and did her best to make sure we could make an amazing wedding happen at this location. I liked how she was up front and so welcoming. There are no hidden... Read More costs or stipulations. We had a very tight budget, but I am so excited that her and Tamzen (wedding coordinator) have been able to make it work! I toured many other locations but nothing compared to The Gardens at Great Oaks. Joi and Tamzen have been so helpful with their experienced guidance as we continue to plan our wedding. You should definitely take a tour and see what I am talking about! She even gives you cake when you visit!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Laura S

I first considered the Gardens at Great Oaks after viewing photos on their website. Let me tell you, the photos DO NOT do the venue justice. I have never really been the type of person who ‘has to have’ something, but that all changed the day that I arrived at the Gardens for... Read More a tour. I was greeted by Joi, the Estate Manager, who was so refreshingly positive and fun. Not only did she give a detailed tour of the estate, she somehow made everything come alive during her presentation; I was able to truly envision what my wedding day might look like. The estate is so special given that every room within the home is furnished with unique and historic décor, each piece having its own story to tell. My favorite, of course, was the Bridal Suite, which was peaceful, quaint & unlike anything I had ever seen before. Once I stepped outside to the Garden, I immediately realized what it felt like to ‘have to have’ something, as I completely fell in love with the venue that day. The grounds are pristine with various types of flowers, including roses, hydrangeas, and gardenias, along with a beautiful fountain, gazebo and a rustic arched well. Everything is elegant & chic yet simple all at the same time, which is exactly what I was looking for. The natural beauty of the estate was decoration in itself, which was very important to me given my distance & limited ability to supply extra décor. After the tour, we were given a piece of coconut cake (made by Metrotainment Bakery) and it was literally, no lie, the most amazing cake I have ever tasted (so you can imagine how incredible our wedding cake was). Throughout the year of planning, I mostly communicated via e-mail with Joi, who was always immediately responsive and beyond accommodating and understanding, which was extremely comforting. The day of the wedding, myself and bridal party arrived late (unacceptable, I know…I swear it wasn’t my fault!), yet Tamzen and Joi kept everyone and everything under control. They both were running around non-stop ALL night long, making sure everything was perfect. I have never seen two people more dedicated in my life. It was beyond apparent that their main and ONLY concern was that my husband, family, guests and I were all happy and satisfied. At one point, somewhat early in the night, we ran out of white wine and they coordinated with our catering company who was nice enough to go and pick up more for our guests. They made it impossible for me to stress about anything and if that wasn’t enough, Joi even helped me cool down when I was drenched in sweat from dancing in the heat! My guests were all thrilled with the entire experience, which consisted of a tour of the estate by an incredible tour guide, cocktail hour with appetizers and drinks, the beautiful ceremony, a Russian/family style dinner & dancing outside under a gorgeous white linen tent with Italian string lights. Directly next to the dance floor was the Ajax hall, which is where we cut our cake. The location was perfect, as our guests also had the option of sitting inside there if they preferred a quieter setting or if they wanted to cool down after dancing. The restrooms were also located inside the hall which was very convenient. As many of my guests were traveling from out of town, it was important to me that they had an ‘experience’ versus just a wedding ceremony. Thanks to Joi, Tamzen & the beauty of the Gardens at Great Oaks, I can honestly say that my wedding day was perfect!