The Lantana

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Randolph, Massachusetts, was forever changed with the formation of the family owned and operated catering and event space, The Lantana. Evolving from a quaint home catering business, The Lantana has grown into a grand venue space located on Massachusetts's South Shore. To-be-weds can welcome more than 300 guests to enjoy a beautiful ballroom wedding reception.

The same devotion to family, and commitment to delivering exceptional service, was inherited by the original owners' son. For more than four decades, The Lantana has thrived under the direction of the Hart family and aims to continue their legacy with many more weddings and catered events. More than $2 million has been invested into more than 40,000 square feet of space. With many style and de´cor upgrades, the options are virtually limitless when it comes to realizing your wedding-day vision. Flexible and adaptable to your tastes, The Lantana takes pride in offering unique wedding packages that suit any budget and the most unique style.

Couples become a part of The Lantana's family, something that every staff member makes clear with their actions. With the help of a devoted team, you're welcomed to customize every detail of your big day. Neutral color schemes are offset by the opulence of grand chandeliers and specialized details, giving each couple the opportunity to create a personalized feel, and the prices are some of the most reasonable in the city.

Take the bare necessities of any wedding and give them a lively upgrade. The Lantana presents to-be-weds with specialized touches like award-winning catering service, hand-selected floral arrangements and even help you design the wedding cake of your dreams.

A diverse selection of wedding packages allow you to transform the venue's expansive space and request tailored service for any sized wedding party. A team of wedding professionals will be there to service you and your guests during every phase of your wedding's set up and reception.

No detail goes unnoticed?from the ribbon on the bride's bouquet to the trim on each tablecloth?a devoted team ensures that everything meets your personal standards. Create an intimate affair for your closest family and friends or invite all of your loved ones to enjoy the venue's renowned culinary menu. The on-site executive chef has received international training, a level of expertise that is upheld by each member of The Lantana's culinary team.

From signature cocktails that showcase your personality to display stations that wow your guests at first site, your wedding menu will capture a level of creativity and artistic flair that won't be found anywhere else in the Randolph area.

The venue does uphold some alcohol restrictions as imposed by Massachusetts State Law. They may limit, suspend or terminate alcohol service without notice or refund if ever staff feels as if its liquor license or the safety of your guests are in jeopardy. Additional restrictions include:

• There aren't any "last call" announcements for any bar
  • Massachusetts's law prohibits serving any one person more than two alcoholic beverages at a time
  • All guests who appear to be under 35 will be requested to provide identification in exchange for service
  • Special requests should be made within two weeks of your wedding date
  • No shots will be poured
  • Cash bars do not accept credit or debit cards; however, there is an on-site ATM machine
  • It is against the law to bring alcoholic beverages in or out of the facility, even at the fountain area
  • No alcohol is served before noon on Sunday
  • The bar does not open until after the completion of on-site ceremonies
  • The bar closes 15 minutes prior to the end of your reception, earlier if necessary
  • The bar is limited to five hours of service

These rules and regulations are intended to ensure that all guests stay safe and comfortable for the duration of your wedding reception. This is yet another display of how The Lantana is committed to ensuring that your wedding is a memorable celebration for all invited.

Wet their palates with a number of culinary tables and artistic displays. From a seated four-course dinner to a delicious buffet?don't forget the ice cream sundae bar or the candy buffet?there are more than enough options to have your guests leaving with a satisfied smile.

From the sales manager to the maitre d', and every service member in between, your wedding will be treated with the utmost care. Enjoy special amenities that come along with reserving The Lantana such as:

• A bridal suite decorated to bring the bride's photography visions to life
  • Private dressing areas for the bride and groom
  • Champagne, a cheese display, and complimentary hors d'oeuvres for the bridal party as you take wedding pictures
  • A dedicated wedding coordinator
  • Chilled champagne toast
  • Decorated wedding cake station complete with complementary coffee and tea service
  • Personalized uplighting to create a custom ambiance in the ballroom

Affordable Elegance for Your Special Day

If you are looking for a venue that prides itself on its attention to detail, impeccable service, and reputation then The Lantana is the ideal location for you! The Lantana offers affordable elegance with an experienced staff here to assist you in making your special day or occasion one to remember!

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

Bow2007

43 Scanlon Dr, Randolph, MA (781) 961-4660
INSTAGRAM

At The Lantana- You're one of the family

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lauren R

In the middle of our wedding reception my husband leaned toward me and whispered, "I am so happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Lantana." Words cannot begin to describe how happy we are with the service, professionalism, facility layout, food quality, and every other... Read More detail about The Lantana. After meeting with Esther, I knew we were in good hands because she made us feel like we were part of her family. She has a genuine warmth and kindness that makes her one of a kind- a true gem to work with! Our reception was in The Normandy room. The room layout was perfect because it allowed the dance floor to be in the center of all the tables. Guests had an unobstructed view of the action, and helped to contribute to everyone dancing. Our meal was delicious for all of the courses. We received many compliments on our cocktail hour food- plentiful and delicious. We chose to have soup AND salad- I am so happy we did this! Their minestrone soup was my favorite! Caesar salad was perfect and fresh! Our main course was the baked stuffed chicken breast with mashed potatoes and butternut squash and cranberry sauce. Everything was homemade with care and attention to detail...Real Mashed Potatoes- freshly mashed butternut squash. The food was served HOT to all of our guests. Finally, I'd like to comment on the attention we received from the staff at The Lantana. In one word- phenomenal! We were greeted with genuine smiles and hugs from the moment we stepped out of the limo. They gave my husband and I great care and attention throughout the night...Asking if we'd like a cocktail or any other food. They never took away our courses of food until we were completely done- I was so thankful for this because as a bride you're pulled in a hundred different directions, but still need to eat and enjoy the meal. The staff at The Lantana went above and beyond to set up the many decorations that I made for our reception. They were able to perfectly execute my vision and make it come to life. I truly felt like the staff treated me like their own daughter- trying to make every detail perfect for the big day. That is such a great feeling to have as a bride! It put me at ease knowing that I could trust that The Lantana would create the perfect reception for us. I strongly urge engaged couples to choose The Lantana to host their wedding reception. You are guaranteed to receive great service, great value, excellent food, and be treated like one of their family on your big day. It does not get better than that! In our opinion, it does not get better than The Lantana and their incredible, gracious staff. -Lauren and Paul

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anonymous A

Our wedding was above and beyond what we expected. The venue is gorgeous and yet affordable. Their food is really good and top notch for the price we paid. When we compared their packages to other venues in the area, it made sense to us. Esther is the nicest and patient person I... Read More know. She made me feel like if I was part of her family, she always know what words to use to put my worries at ease. If you are looking for an affordable place to wow your guest and take home beautiful memories, go with Lantana. You won't regret it, I know we don't.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Etlyn S

On 10/15/16, I attended Vanessa & Calvin's wedding at The Lantana in Randolph. In addition to their beautiful ceremony, the reception "topped off" their special day and our tummies!! While I can only speak for myself, the buzz at my table was fantastic and felt that I had to... Read More pass it on to your ears, too! Lantana's Wait Staff offered us Chicken or short-rib Beef and because I eat chicken all the time, I selected their Beef and boy, oh boy did I hit the jackpot!! :-) While I've had Beef at other venues, I always seem to end up with it being cooked "rare" and it disgusts me. But, I was fabulously, surprised and continually wiped my plate (with those tender red potatoes) to clean up that delicious grave, too! Some folks, at my table, even shared a "tiny" portion of their Beef with those who requested Chicken to have them taste it, too! Ultimately, I only wish that Lantana's had a restaurant whereby I could come for lunch/dinner and do it all over again & again!!! KUDOS to their Chef and staff! THANKS very much!!!!! --Etlyn S.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 MaryJo T

Eshter , is so amazing ! The room was exactly what I envisioned !

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 India F

THIS IS THE PLACE!!!! this is definitely the place to get your wedding done! They are super affordable and Esther and her team are SUPER helpful and family-like. They will try their best to give you the exact wedding you dreamt of and they always try to work around with you! My... Read More now husband and I knew when we saw the outside of the venue it was the place for us and confirmed my feelings when I saw the inside of the venue! It is SUPER vintage-y and cute that you don't need any extra decorations. The ballrooms them selves were beautiful so I didn't have to stress about decorating. Also, we had a very small budget but they tried to include as much things as possible with our price. They are also SUPER FAST in response of any of your messages/emails/questions (which is MAJOR plus!). I couldn't have asked for a better venue. Also, on the day of the wedding, Esther and Jimmy our Matre D' took care of me and they were on top of things. Esther always made sure I was doing okay and not stressing and she made everything perfect for me. I did not stress AT ALL on the wedding day (which is rare it seems like...listening to all these horrible bride-zilla stories). Esther made it possible and I had a stress-free and fun wedding!!! Also, the food is AMAZING! they're food was so delicious nothing like what I've had at other weddings. It was hard to chose one thing to offer our guests when we went to their food tasting because everything was very tasty. I will definitely recommend this place (and have been) to anyone!!! The Lantana is definitely the place to do your wedding! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Esther and her team at The Lantana without even thinking twice:)

Reviewed on 10/14/2016

The Lantana served as an excellent choice for my husband and I's wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception there and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was AMAZING and Esther and her staff really made the entire process easy and enjoyable from start to finish.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jashiema and Chandra R

Our wedding was exceptional! Working with our wedding coordinator Esther put our minds at ease. She made us feel as if there were no "dumb questions", returned our questions in a timely manner and made us feels as if we were a part of her family. The adequate service and... Read More personalized attention to our wedding made it that much more special to us and for our guests. The food was excellent and the wait staff was very personable and accommodating in assisting us with whatever was needed. The only recommendation would be to increase the lighting in the bride/grooms' suites, as it may be too dim for some. We continue to live in the moment and receive raving reviews of our special day. Thank you Lantana!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kimberly J

Absolutely the perfect place to get married. Working with Esther was a dream. She made me feel so relaxed and comfortable with every step and she gave me and my husband the best of everything. What ever we asked for she found a way to get it down. Definitely would choose the... Read More lantana again and the venue was gorgeous

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Nancy T

We chose Lantana for our venue due to the location and Esther Sheridan made me feel as if I was her only bride. The only 2 issues were the 1st our final bill was very over priced. Later we were told it was a computer glitch using this years rate not the 2015 rate we original... Read More signed. Esther offered us the main ballroom which was amazing!! The other issue was our head table had: Mrs & Mr. I attempted the correct but then was distracted with another pic & dancing. I wish Esther, a staff or photographer would have noticed. Thank you Esther! Thank you Lantana!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Arsone & Nancy B

Our wedding venue was held at Lantana's in Randolph. After visiting the location, meeting with Esther Sheridan we chose to have our 9/3/16 wedding celebration there. Esther put my worries at ease. I would remember to ask something it would be after hours but she would still... Read More take the time to reply. We were reviewing the final bill about 4 days before and I noticed a huge price difference. After Esther doing her research the price quoted was for the upcoming year NOT the price we agreed to in 2015. Although it was corrected and Esther did offer the Main Ballroom for our celebration I wonder how many brides/grooms just send in the final payment w/o reviewing the contract a 2nd or 3rd time. If I didn't catch it would they have at a later date? Probably not. The only other issue was the letters on our head table read: Mrs. & Mr. I just wish Esther/a staff or maybe even the photographer would've have caught that. My few attempts to correct it was distracted with a dance or another pose. Other than these 2 issues our reception was PERFECT! Some of our guest feedback was that the food was delicious, the venue was beautiful. Thank you Esther & Lantana for an amazing night.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Tania C

The Lantana made our day amazing! Esther was so accommodating from day one. I felt secure that I was working with the best, and the place was exactly how I had envisioned!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Dina M

My wedding day was such a wonderful day thanks to The Lantana. Esther made sure I had everything I need it and the chef Tony made sure I had the Spanish flavor in my food. So many of my guests came to tell me how much they love the food. The Lantana gave us great service and... Read More really reasonable price. I love the service and the facility.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Amanda N

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Lantana on May 7, 2016. The Lantana made all our wedding plans and visions come to life. Everything looked beautiful. My husband and I were blown away when we walked in to the ballroom for our sneak peak of the room before our... Read More guests entered. Ester was absolutely wonderful to work with and so accommodating, as was Colleen. The food was delicious and the staff was just as great. We have received so many compliments from family and friends. We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at The Lantana. We highly recommend The Lantana! Thank you for our special night so amazing and unforgettable!!! -Amanda & Steve

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

I had my wedding in lantana on 23rd of April 2016. One of the bestest place around in south shore area and resonable on the price. The place itself is so beautiful and the interior is perfect for the dream wedding. Staff is very helpful, understandable, and adjustable with your... Read More need. They all made my big day such a memorable event. Esteer is very helpful, she is such a lovely lady to help you manage your event beautifully, every time I met her for the wedding quiry and planning, she was so understandable for my needs and budget to work together. Everything came out so perfect on my big day. thank you lantana and staff for the great effort and make this beautiful day remarkable for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 KRISTA B

My husband and I were on a tight budget for our wedding and were thrilled to find that The Lantana was within our reach. It's a gorgeous venue that's elegantly understated. Esther, the sales manager, was one of the sweetest people we've ever met! She was quick to answer emails... Read More with any questions and very accommodating. She even moved our event when we had a medical issue come up and had to change our wedding date. Everything went perfectly on our big day. The room was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was amazing, especially our Maitre'd, Dawn! I recommend Lantana and look forward to using them for future events.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I recently got married at lantana on 08/01/15 and it was the best experience ever , none that I ever had before . My wedding came out just the way I imagined and planned it in my head . The wedding coordinator Esther Sheridan is so pleasant , she is a great listener , she... Read More listened to every detail that I shared with her to make sure my big day was a success . Not to mention very flexible she went out of her way to make sure that I had everything that was physically possible . I cannot thank her enough and the whole stuff that make everything so nice and perfect for me effortlessly. You do not have to hesitate to have your wedding there , it will be everything you've ever dreamt of . I cannot wait to have another event so that I can work with this group again .👌🏽👍🏾

Pick the Lantana - You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

When it came to choosing a venue to host my parents vow renewal after 25 years of marriage The Lantana was the obvious choice. I had attended an event there and fell in love with it from the moment I walked in. I knew instantly I would be back to celebrate a special event of my... Read More own. I am glad I did. My parents had the most amazing night ever, it was a surprise vow renewal celebration and they said it was even more special than their actual wedding. They absolutely loved the food, which is big considering what a picky eater my mom is. Our guests were very happy with the excellent service and hospitality which made me very happy since you always want to be a good host. I only wish I could relive this day for them, they work so hard and deserve to have amazing days like this every day!

just amazing

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 christine C

The Lantana is The place for a great reception for a wedding. They made me feel like a princess the way i was treated. Esther worked with me every step of the way and the day of the wedding they treated us very special. I had fun during the whole process of planning because... Read More flexibility is their strength which reduced my stress significantly. It was just amazing! !!

The Most Perfect Day Ever @ The Lantana

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My husband and I got married at The Lantana. Esther was our wedding coordinator and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing she was. Esther was there every step of the way answering all my emails and any questions or silly concerns I had. The food was delicious and plentiful,... Read More we absolutely LOVED and appreciated the fact that they go around and give second servings. My friends and family were so IMPRESSED with this, we had never seen anybody do that before. All our guests raved about the wedding and how beautiful it was. Esther did an amazing job with the decorations I had brought the day before--the décor was beautiful yet subtle as to not take away from me and the real reason we were there. All the staff at the Lantana were amazing. Everyone was so friendly and so helpful. I would highly recommend the Lantana to anyone looking for a location for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. They are very organized, knowledgeable and again very friendly. You will feel like you are the one and only customer they have even though I know they have other weddings and events going on.

Bride

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

All I can say is my wedding was a dream come true

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

The Lantana was the perfect venue for our summer wedding!! The staff (especially Esther) was extremely friendly and helpful. They all went out of their way several times to make our wedding special. The Lantana took care of everything, which made planning a wedding easy and... Read More stress less. With all the looking and comparing I did, I found them to be very budget friendly and still top notch. I would recommend The Lantana to anyone. We consider them family now and can't wait to host our next event there!

Our dream wedding at The Lantana

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Luis R

We had our Wedding at the lantana and it was everything we expected it to be and more. The people there are great very friendly the food was good, parking was easy a plenty. Esther was our event planner, she is sweet and special the type of person you never forget. We would... Read More recommend the lantanas to anybody looking for an affordable venue with excellent service.

2015-10-29T10:36:39 Response from the vendor

We would also like to thank you! Thank you, for choosing us to share your special day with!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Tasha P

With all of the favors and fittings and pre-wedding shenanigans, Lantana's never made me regret choosing them as our venue. I was blessed to have my own wedding coordinator, Esther and she was the best of the best. Lantana's rolled out the royal carpet for my family and friends.... Read More I've been married two months now and everyone is still talking about our wedding. Trae and I are so thankful that everything was perfect. No stone was left unturned. The food was amazing and the up lighting was everything I imagined it would be. If you are looking for a second to none venue for your big day choose Lantana's and let Esther create the magical wedding of your dreams. Thank you Lantana's.

2015-10-29T10:41:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking time in giving us this Amazing review! Your beautiful peacock theme wedding with those vibrant purple and teal colors is one to remember!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My husband and I got married at The Lantana in August, 2015. We fell in love with the venue right away. Esther was our coordinator and she was amazing. I called her for all my questions and concerns and she got back to me right away. She was so amazing helping with all my... Read More details. The day of everything was perfect, all the details we had discussed where taken care of not to mention food was amazing. We couldn't make a choice if we wanted chicken or fish and ended up offering both. We were glad we did, we received so many compliments on both and on the Venue itself. Thank you so much Esther and The Lantana staff for helping make our wedding day one to remember!

2015-10-29T11:01:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we are very happy to hear you had a great time! It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I am just recently married and had my reception at The Lantana. I am beyond pleased with the entire event! Cocktail hour was held in the Cailey Room. The uplighting created a beautiful atmosphere throughout the room. After the cocktail hour, we moved to the Normandy Room for the... Read More dinner and dancing. At the start of my planning, I had a vision of what I wanted the room to look like. Esther and the rest of The Lantana's staff absolutely saw it through. The room was STUNNING! Esther worked with me on everything from the linens, to the chairs to the placement of the tables. She was incredible and my guests raved about the room the minute they walked in! And more than that, they are still raving about the food! A beautiful room, excellent service and delicious food...what more could I have asked for! I would absolutely recommend The Lantana for your reception!

2015-10-29T12:30:54 Response from the vendor

We understand life is busy, which is why we are so grateful that you took time aside to write this lovely review! We agree...The Normandy room was absolutely STUNNING as you say, your vision was amazing and those golden mini pumpkins couldn't have been more... Read Less Read More