The Little Theatre Ballroom - Kansas City Convention Center

Preferred Caterer of the KC Convention Center

Ballroom

301 W 13th St, Kansas City, MO

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Lauren H

I held my wedding reception at a room in the KC Convention Center and was only allowed to use Aramark for bartending/alcohol at my event. (My negative review is strictly regarding Aramark as the bartender. KCCC staff and my experience with KCCC was WONDERFUL!) Since I was... Read More able to choose my other vendors, Aramark was the only "forced" vendor I dealt with ... and it was the only vendor that did not perform as expected and as stated in its contract. Aramark provides catering, so I did participate in a tasting session during wedding planning. Some food was mediocre, some unimpressive. The topic of my family's favorite local restaurants came up in conversation with the Aramark sales rep and chef who both were present during the tasting. They both commented negatively about two KC-area restaurants -- in front of potential clients (my parents and I). Needless to say, Aramark didn't get our catering business. The lack of professionalism continued on my wedding day. My signed contract with Aramark specifically stated "Event Setup 5:00 pm / Start Time 5:30 pm / End Time 11:00 pm." The day of, at those stated times, both the bars and bartenders were nowhere to be found. The venue event rep and my DJ worked together to contact Aramark and get them to show up. Bar setup occurred during the 6 o'clock hour and drink service began closer to 7 pm. My husband and I went to one of the bars during the event. He asked for a "Jack and Coke." I watched the bartender fumble around with her liquor bottles, and she finally asked him, "this one?" when holding rum. So, Aramark was the only vendor allowed to bartend my event, and Aramark's bartenders do not seem to know what alcohol is! Other wedding guests told me that they also felt that the bartenders were disorganized and unprofessional. The Aramark sales rep called me the next day to apologize, and I was reimbursed for the unused drink tickets to rectify the situation. I was at least satisfied with the quick response to solve this problem. I had a five-hour wedding reception with 250 people. If Aramark's bartending services were this mismanaged and unorganized at my relatively small event, I am not sure how Aramark handles days-long conventions and large-scale events. Based on my experience, I was not happy with this vendor, and I recommend future brides to exercise caution before moving forward with this vendor.

Aramark catering - alcohol

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Cassie B

Aramark had wonderful service! They were super friendly and always responsive to my emails. The prices were a bit high though(we had to go with them because that is the only option with the convention center for alcohol).

Good

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Charlotte P

Very helpful and a good value. Only complaint is that some of the servers took peoples food away too quickly, and that they took a few of the parking validation tickets.

10 OUT OF 5 STARS

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Rebecca M

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with ARAMARK. Linda Shields, a sales manager, was the highlight of our wedding planning experience. She was professional, easy going and flexible, funny, and paid attention to detail for us! An example...she saw that we had... Read More provided vintage champagne flutes for the bride and groom toast and went home to find 10 that she had in storage so that the rest of the bridal party would match! Amazing food as well. We had chicken and pork...2 meats that are difficult to keep tasty when serving hundreds of guests and they made it so delicious and moist. I'm not kidding when I say that our guests could not get enough it! The Little Theatre at the Kansas City Convention Center has about 8 caterers to choose from and you should not waste a minute looking at any others!

Organized

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Katherine R

Higher price than most places but it was mostly worth it. They completely set up the tables for you- from the actual table to any centerpieces or other items you provide them. If you choose to have plated meals, you can have a taste testing; however, since we wanted carving... Read More stations we were told we could not have a tasting. The food did end up being delicious and was displayed nicely. Linda, our point person from Aramark was amazing and kept everything running smoothly the whole night!

bride

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Nicole M

not bad

Best food I've ever had at a Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Stephanie G

There service was excellent and they were so flexible and willing to accomodate all of our needs. My parents have hosted 4 weddings and said that Aramark was by far the best Caterers they have used. We opted for a 5 hour open bar, which pushed up the cost per head. But they have... Read More all kinds of options for any budget.