The Phoenix

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Phoenix is a premier events venue and fine dining establishment located in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. It was originally built in 1893 and later restored to its original grandeur in the 1980s. The stunning white marble staircase is an excellent location for first-look photographs. In fact, many couples pay a fee just to have a one-hour photo session on this exquisite stairway.

The Phoenix has enough room for hosting both wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions. The building is separated into seven different event space locations, with a fine dining restaurant on the ground floor.

The Grand Ballroom is the largest event space offered by The Phoenix and it can accommodate up to 400 guests for a reception. The stained glass features, picturesque balconies, stunning chandeliers and large dance floor provide the perfect ambience for any wedding celebration.

The Archway Ballroom is commonly used for hosting wedding ceremonies, but it is also a great space for elegant wedding receptions. The Tiffany stained-glass windows are truly one of a kind. The room also has stunning chandeliers and a large dance floor and it can accommodate up to 250 guests.

The Presidents Room is a slightly smaller room. It can accommodate up to 100 guests for a wedding ceremony, 80 guests for a wedding reception and up to 150 guests for a cocktail hour. This stately room includes a beautiful handcrafted bar, a gorgeous fireplace and unique lighting features.

The Maisonette Room is ideal for smaller, more intimate weddings and has a maximum capacity of 60 guests. Depending on your specific package, this room may be included at no additional fee.

The Cincinnati Room is located directly adjacent to the Archway Ballroom. It can be used to host a wedding reception, cocktail hour or as a lounge area. It has a maximum capacity of 150 guests.

The Tea Room is a quaint venue location that is adorned with Victorian-style decor. The space has a maximum capacity of 70 guests and is best used for smaller weddings and bridal showers.

This unique rooms gives guests a bird's eye view of the house chef preparing the dinner. The room is elegantly decorated and it can accommodate up to 50 guests.

When hosting your wedding ceremony or wedding reception at The Phoenix, you will work directly with an on-site events coordinator. Your coordinator will provide you with a list of preferred vendors. However, you are free to use any outside vendor of your choice, except for the caterer. All catering must be done in house, but couples can choose from a variety of different menu packages. Both buffet and plated service meals are available.

Audio and visual services are outsourced to Prestige Audio, a local, preferred vendor. Customized LED lighting effects are available. You can bring your own wine and champagne into the venue, but you may be charged an addition corkage fee. The venue does not have on-site parking available, but a public parking garage is located adjacent to the building and valet parking can be arranged.

In addition to wedding day celebrations, The Phoenix is also ideal for hosting bridal showers, bachelor parties and rehearsal dinners. Couples will receive a variety of extra perks when renting this venue.

• Linens, china and glassware
  • Bridal suite
  • Free photo session in grand stairway
  • Reception can last until midnight
  • One day advance access to reception area

The Phoenix | Downtown Cincinnati

Come check us out! The Phoenix is a Cincinnati Historic Landmark and THE place to host your dream wedding ceremony and reception. Our talented team will help you every step of the way and make sure your entire wedding experience is flawless. Come find out what everyone is talking about!

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Religious Setting, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

Bow2007

812 Race St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 721-8901

Stunning venue - great service and food!!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Phoebe S

Our experience was absolutely wonderful with the Phoenix!! We worked with Laura Freking who could not have been more helpful or accommodating! She worked with us to plan our dream wedding within our budget, and she worked so hard the day of to keep everything rolling on... Read More schedule. She also made me feel very calm and comfortable the day of. I was so confident throughout the day that everything would run smoothly with the Phoenix staff and Laura in charge. I have gotten so many compliments from the wedding guests about the venue and how beautiful it is and also how delicious the food is! DELICIOUS FOOD!!! I have had many say it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! We had the Caesar salad and roasted chicken with Swiss chard with some sort of lemon sauce. The reception was in the grand ballroom - very grand with gorgeous balconies, stain glass windows and chic bathroom for women. We had our cocktail hour in the archway ballroom which was beautiful as well and right by the stunning marble staircase. Laura set up an incredible display of cheese and veggies on a table in the center of the room for cocktail hour and there were delicious passed appetizers as well. The service was impeccable. The bartenders were fun and worked quickly - they had a lot of personality! The servers were great and everyone was very helpful throughout the night. I got ready at the Phoenix with the bridal party the morning of the wedding. Laura was in and out that morning as well and had coffee and water waiting for us. If you want a classy, elegant wedding go with this venue!! I was told by many that our wedding had the feel of a blacktie event. Not a complaint!! Like I said, they helped make my dream wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Megan B

I recently got married on May 7th 2016. I worked with both Laura and Lydia at The Phoenix. They were both fantastic to work with! Laura & Lydia are hardworking, reliable, dedicated, professional and extremely kind. I always felt I was made a priority anytime I had questions,... Read More especially as the big day got closer. Laura and Lydia were an enormous help the week of the wedding. They were so accommodating and any changes last minute were adjusted with ease. Both my mom, sister and I were able to completely enjoy the big day as The Phoenix staff set everything up for us. Lydia ran around all day making sure everything was perfect and just how I had envisioned. You should of seen the grand ballroom when it was finished being decorated--- absolutely AMAZING! Both of our parents still talk today about how sharp and breathtaking that room looked. During the reception Lydia checked on Clint and I to make sure we didn’t need anything and everything was running smoothly and how we wanted. My husband and I have received COUNTLESS number of compliments regarding our reception. Numerous people have said it was the nicest wedding that they have ever been too. The Phoenix is BEAUTIFUL! Majority of our pictures were taken before our wedding inside The Phoenix and they are amazing. They also have a bridal suite at The Phoenix which worked out perfect—everyone was able to get ready and eat lunch in a large and spacious room. We are 100% thrilled we choose The Phoenix to have our reception. It was absolutely perfect and everything I have always dreamed about!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Brooke P

Absolutely amazing venue! Not only is every inch stunningly beautiful, but the staff are incredibly professional, kind, and organized. The food is fantastic- our guests said it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. Our on-site coordinator had a family emergency the day... Read More before our wedding, and someone else stepped in without missing one single detail of what we had planned and needed. By booking The Phoenix, you are getting so much more than just a location which will make your day perfect.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Kelsey F

The food and service the night of the reception was great, we had excellent servers. There were some ups and downs with the planning, but they did their best to make things right at the end.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jennifer A

Completely accommodating of EVERYTHING! The staff was attentive and quick to respond. They also provided unique and creative suggestions that simply perfected my day. They truly made my wedding day, a day I (and many others) will never forget!! Cannot thank them enough and I... Read More genuinely recommend them to anyone and everyone!! The venue is perfect, beautiful, intimate and overall stunning.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Francie D

The staff at The Phoenix took care of everything. Specifically, Carolina Curran made my wedding plans seem like a walk in the park! She was more than flexible when I asked if my bridesmaids and I could get ready in the "Tea Room" the day of. Carolina came prepared with mimosas,... Read More light sandwiches and snacks. My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. Not to mention the beauty of the venue! It is truly one of a kind. I would definitely recommend The Phoenix to anyone who inquires!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jeffrey A

My fiancé and I can't wait to have our wedding reception at The Phoenix! Laura Freking has been great with helping us to plan and organize everything for our big day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelsey B

Our experience at The Phoenix was outstanding!! The customer service and follow-up from Laura Freking and her team was amazing. They made a stressful planning season go incredibly smooth, and were always there to help us with any questions or recommendations. Our guests... Read More constantly complimented the food selection throughout the night, the bartenders were so quick to attend the guests, and the set-up looked flawless! Choosing the Phoenix was the best decision we made! I highly recommend to friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christina M

The Phoenix was absolutely amazing. Laura and Lydia took the time to execute every detail to perfection , making our night completely stress free and exactly what we planned. They make you feel like you are their only client and consistently give you undivided attention. I... Read More recommend The Phoenix to every bride I meet!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Heather Z

I was a a bride from out of town, which I was afraid was going to be very stressful. However, Laura took the time to email me every answer to any questions I had to put my mind at ease while we planned the wedding. The day of the wedding she was also extremely helpful in... Read More coordinating everything and making sure the day went as smooth as possible.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Nicole B

Best venue we could have possibly picked. Truly a gorgeous venue and the staff was AMAZING!!! Everything ran very smoothly and if there was an issue I was completely unaware! Lydia Whitman made me feel so comfortable and put my mind at ease about every last detail - I don't know... Read More what I would have done without her! We received so many compliments from all our friends and family about how elegant the venue was and how happy they were with the food, drinks & service :)

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Kelsey W

We had our reception at The Phoenix in The Grand Ballroom and worked closely with both Laura and Lydia over the prior year and a half. Laura and Lydia were awesome! They were quick to respond to any question we had. As hectic as the month before can be, they were always... Read More willing to help us out and make any changes we needed. During the reception, Lydia and Becky continually checked on us to make sure we were taken care of. The entire staff was professional and efficient all night. We received multiple compliments from guests about the great food and beautiful Ballroom. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a fabulous downtown Cincinnati reception.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Liz A

We used the Phoenix for off-site catering for our Sunday brunch wedding at Rhinegeist Brewery. We got in touch with them about six weeks before our wedding, after we had to fire our previous caterer. Needless to say, we were stressed about finding someone new in such a short... Read More time-frame — especially since we don’t live in Cincinnati — but Linda at the Phoenix was responsive, professional, and helped us put together a perfect brunch-meets-pub-food stations menu within our price range and on our very short timeline! The day-of, everything was wonderful: the buffet stations were set up beautifully, the staff were professional and courteous, and the food was a big hit. What could have been the biggest disaster of our wedding turned out to be one of the best parts, thanks to the incredible professionalism of the Phoenix’s catering!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Becca K

We had our ceremony and reception at The Phoenix and were so happy we chose them! They made every step simple for us and went out of their way at every stage to make sure we were happy. We worked with Laura and Lydia, and they were both wonderful! We had a smallish group (50... Read More guests) and the Archway Ballroom was perfect for our reception. The room is beautiful! I highly suggest The Phoenix if you're looking for a beautiful location, great food and a staff that is there to help make your wedding exactly what you want.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Hannah G

The staff at the Phoenix was amazing! The food was the best food we have ever eaten! We received many compliments on both from our guests and a few asked for my contact for future events they want to hold there. We could have not asked for a more perfect day! Highly... Read More recommended!

Parent of the Groom

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Wonderful service, terrific food, outstanding staff. Laura Freking helped us from our first contact with her. We cannot say enough about how accommodating and exceptional the staff truly has been. Every need was met with a smile. I would recommend The Phoenix to anyone... Read More looking for an extraordinary wedding experience.

The Phoenix is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Ari M

We were recently married at the Phoenix. They were beyond amazing! They listened to our every request and didn't miss a detail. Laura Frecking is fantastic and I highly recommend requesting her.The food was delicious and the presentation was perfect. The venue looked gorgeous... Read More and Laura knew where to place every flower and candle. They are truly amazing and made our wedding dream come true!

Outstanding! Fantastic! I would do it all the same.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Kelli P

My wedding something I dreamed about my entire life. However, it was not what I imagined it would be...it was 1000% more wonderful than I could have ever imagined!! I cannot say enough good things about The Phoenix and the staff. I worked directly with Carolina Curran who was a... Read More rockstar and completely made the process seamless and a dream. My husband feels the same and even reached out to her personally to thank her and The Phoenix for a wonderful day. You have to check this place out! It fit our budget, our taste, the food is still being complimented, and the venue is perfect for both wedding ceremony and reception. I could literally go on forever, but 5 stars and a rave review is not enough. Go see for yourself! You will not be disappointed and will have nothing but wonderful and fond memories of your big day at The Phoenix. Cheers!!

Best Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/02/2015

We recently had our daughter's wedding reception at The Phoenix. This venue is exceptional. Carolina and her staff are very professional,courteous,hard-working and willing to go the extra mile!! They wore coordinating colors similiar to the wedding's colors and theme. They... Read More were so easy to work with. They understood what we wanted and fulfilled ours and the bride and grooms every wishes. The food was Fabulous!! We had so many compliments on the food, the venue and the whole reception!! THANK YOU Phoenix staff for your commitment to excellence!!! We will be back!!

Our Bride's Love The Phoenix

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Stacey S

We have been helping plan weddings at The Phoenix for years and always have a great experience. Carolina, Laura and the entire staff make each wedding unique and the planning process fun and easy. Their service is top notch, space is beautiful and food is delicious! I... Read More highly recommend that bride's take a tour of The Phoenix when they are looking for their venue!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Maggie B

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Phoenix. We had a very small wedding (20 people) This was by far the best decision of the entire wedding. Everything was perfect from the food, to the staff, to the price, and to the room. We went with a 6 course wine dinner with... Read More wine parings. We crafted the menu with the chef and it was AMAZING! Not to mention surprisingly reasonably priced. The bartender paired the wines and created a signature cocktail which was phenomenal. Our wedding coordinator, Carolina, was the best. She was with us every step of the way from the initial planning to setting up to room and helping serve. We did lunch and also got ready at the venue which was so convenient. Everything went smoothly and the removed all of the stress from the day. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about a wedding. Big or small they really make it amazing.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

Our experience working with the Phoenix and their staff was perfection! First of all, we quickly realized the intimate wedding and reception on Thanksgiving Day that we wanted, was going to be a near impossibility. I called a long list of venues throughout Cincinnati only... Read More to find they were either closed or it was their busiest day of the year. Most places I called, were either annoyed that I asked or laughed at me for even considering it. From my first phone call with the Phoenix, the planning process was a breeze! Carolina Curran was our event coridnator and she is an absolute doll! I had a long list of questions and usually the answer was, “Sure! We can do that!” An added layer of difficulty to the planning process was that both my husband and I no longer reside in Ohio. She was very patient with me in sending pictures of the different event rooms, since we could not see them in person. The wedding day went off without a single issue! Here it was Thanksgiving Day and I was prepared for the staff to a little grumpy about having to work on a holiday. It was the opposite! Every person assigned to our event treated us like family! They were kind, caring and genuine! Even the chef came up to make sure everything was to our liking. And the food . . . our families are still talking about what a delicious meal it was! Also to mention is the beautiful architecture within the building. Our photographer had a blast and captured some beautiful moments with the stained glass windows and the marble staircase. All in all, I couldn't have been more pleased with how our event turned out!

excellent wedding venue

Reviewed on 5/25/2015

Having a wedding at the Phoenix was a truly positive experience. Great service, excellent food, a gorgeous venue. Thank you, Carolina Curran, for helping us with every little step of the wedding!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

We were overall very happy with the Phoenix as my daughter and son in law's wedding reception venue. It is a beautiful historical building and the service and attention to details that were important to my daughter were not overlooked. We received compliments on the dinners as... Read More well. Our Event Planner, Laura, was great to work with!

The Phoenix was wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Katelyn S

Everything was great and our event planner Laura was amazing!