The Phoenix | Downtown Cincinnati

Come find out why we love doing what we do! The Phoenix is a National Historic Landmark and THE place to host your dream wedding ceremony and reception. Built in 1983, the building embodies some of the finest Art Deco Style architecture that creates a sense of timeless elegance and romance in a setting that is truly one of a kind. Our on-site wedding coordinators will help you every step of the way and make sure your entire wedding experience is flawless and personalized.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Religious Setting, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Bow2007

812 Race St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 721-8901

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Ally H

The Phoenix made my wedding dreams come true! I knew on my first tour that The Phoenix was my dream venue. The Phoenix comes with a built in wedding planner, Lauren helped me find great vendors and orchestrated everything. Her expertise and experience guided me along my planning... Read More process. My ceremony & reception were both in the Archway Ballroom which was perfect for about 130 guests. The ceremony space in front of the stained glass windows is so beautiful and looks fabulous in photos. The space feels intimate for my closest friends and family. We hosted a cocktail hour on the second floor during the room flip. Getting to see the room before everyone else was magical. The attention to detail is impeccable. My guests are still raving about the appetizers and meals served at our wedding. The menu tasting was a wonderful experience as well! My guests also raved about the service, the staff was attentive to each and every guest and made everyone feel important. Lauren took control of the rehearsal and made us feel comfortable with every aspect. The provided dance floor was wonderful. I could not be happier with The Phoenix, they took the stress out of wedding planning. Our photos are gorgeous and I owe it all to the amazing staff.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 trisha p

The Phoenix executed the wedding of my dreams! The entire planning process was so easy, thanks to their team of experts! The actual day of the wedding was absolutely perfect, and I had no worries, because Lauren (the lead coordinator) knew exactly how I wanted everything to be... Read More and had my complete trust. In fact, it was even better than I imagined. My husband and I felt like royalty, as did our families and bridal party. The guests said the dinner was so delicious, it was like they were at a restaurant. Absolutely the best day ever and I am so thankful for Lauren and the staff at the Phoenix.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Megan B

I recently got married on May 7th 2016. I worked with both Laura and Lydia at The Phoenix. They were both fantastic to work with! Laura & Lydia are hardworking, reliable, dedicated, professional and extremely kind. I always felt I was made a priority anytime I had questions,... Read More especially as the big day got closer. Laura and Lydia were an enormous help the week of the wedding. They were so accommodating and any changes last minute were adjusted with ease. Both my mom, sister and I were able to completely enjoy the big day as The Phoenix staff set everything up for us. Lydia ran around all day making sure everything was perfect and just how I had envisioned. You should of seen the grand ballroom when it was finished being decorated--- absolutely AMAZING! Both of our parents still talk today about how sharp and breathtaking that room looked. During the reception Lydia checked on Clint and I to make sure we didn’t need anything and everything was running smoothly and how we wanted. My husband and I have received COUNTLESS number of compliments regarding our reception. Numerous people have said it was the nicest wedding that they have ever been too. The Phoenix is BEAUTIFUL! Majority of our pictures were taken before our wedding inside The Phoenix and they are amazing. They also have a bridal suite at The Phoenix which worked out perfect—everyone was able to get ready and eat lunch in a large and spacious room. We are 100% thrilled we choose The Phoenix to have our reception. It was absolutely perfect and everything I have always dreamed about!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Stephanie F

I cannot imagine my wedding happening anywhere else or planning it without the help of Lauren and Abby. Working with the Phoenix was a great experience. I felt like I had a team who really cared about my vision and who was keeping an eye on all of the little details with me. The... Read More food at the wedding was great. The service at the wedding was wonderful. I would highly recommend the Phoenix as a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Kristen C

We had a wonderful Wedding Saturday, 9/9 for the new Mr. and Mrs. Inman!! Our Phoenix Coordinator, Lauren Melloan was exceptional!  She nailed every detail, answered our many, many questions leading up to the wedding almost always within minutes!  During the preparation for the... Read More day of the event and during the event she handled every detail perfectly!  We had exceptional support from the beginning contract stage and all of the details for the wedding. The staff during the Wedding did an exceptional job.  They also helped us pack all of our event items and get them quickly out to our cars.  In addition, one of the most important things is all night we heard how beautiful the venue was and several comments that it was the best wedding they had attended!  We also had many comments about how great the food was. That means a lot to us as we tried to plan a dream wedding! Thanks to The Phoenix! We highly recommend you!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Neal M

What a memorable event orchestrated by the very professional staff at the Phoenix on Saturday, July 8th for my daughter Devin's reception. Laura Freking and her assistants were on top of things from beginning to end and attended to every detail. We could not have asked for... Read More more. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the food was incredible to say the least. We had nearly 350 guests and not a negative comment from anyone. I would highly recommend it as a venue for anyone planning a wedding in downtown Cincinnati. Kudos to the entire Phoenix team. You helped create a memory that will last a lifetime. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Christine R

Everything about this place is absolutely amazing! I had originally been working with Carolina but about 6 months before the wedding she had left-I was a bit nervous because of this but Lydia took care of me from there and she was amazing!! We originally picked The Phoenix for... Read More the beautiful aspects (marble staircase-stained glass windows etc.) The price was super reasonable as well for the Archway Ballroom-which was a perfect size for our 100 guest wedding. The price was comparable to any random country club with no special details. The food was so good as well! Which is hard to find in my opinion. Lydia really took care of everything on our night and made sure everything ran so smoothly! I would recommend checking this place out to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Samantha H

I cannot express how much I loved the Phoenix, it was so beautiful and the entire staff worked so hard to make sure every little detail of my wedding was taken care of. It was so stress free on the day of it was like a dream. I would recommend Lydia, Lauren and the whole staff... Read More at the Phoenix a million times over!!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Leslie S

My coordinator Lydia was awesome. Very detail oriented and great attutide!. Perfect response time!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Melodie T

My daughter got married last weekend and had her reception at The Phoenix in Cincinnati. We were very pleased not only with the food and the service, but the special care that the employees showed. Lydia was great to work with in the months of planning and Abby did a great job... Read More of setting everything up and making sure things ran smoothly the night of the reception. We received several compliments on the food. The chef is amazing. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. I would highly recommend The Phoenix for your special events.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Kate A

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with the Phoenix!! The Phoenix is a GORGEOUS venue with delicious catering and wonderful event coordinators to work with! We worked very closely with Lydia, who was always ready to help us with whatever we needed throughout... Read More the process of planning our wedding reception. She took care of absolutely everything for us so everything turned out exactly like we wanted on our wedding day, and we did not have to lift a finger on the wedding day. The catering was also absolutely perfect-the food turned out wonderfully. Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom, which looked absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend the Phoenix!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Brooke P

Absolutely amazing venue! Not only is every inch stunningly beautiful, but the staff are incredibly professional, kind, and organized. The food is fantastic- our guests said it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. Our on-site coordinator had a family emergency the day... Read More before our wedding, and someone else stepped in without missing one single detail of what we had planned and needed. By booking The Phoenix, you are getting so much more than just a location which will make your day perfect.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Kelsey F

The food and service the night of the reception was great, we had excellent servers. There were some ups and downs with the planning, but they did their best to make things right at the end.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jennifer A

Completely accommodating of EVERYTHING! The staff was attentive and quick to respond. They also provided unique and creative suggestions that simply perfected my day. They truly made my wedding day, a day I (and many others) will never forget!! Cannot thank them enough and I... Read More genuinely recommend them to anyone and everyone!! The venue is perfect, beautiful, intimate and overall stunning.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Francie D

The staff at The Phoenix took care of everything. Specifically, Carolina Curran made my wedding plans seem like a walk in the park! She was more than flexible when I asked if my bridesmaids and I could get ready in the "Tea Room" the day of. Carolina came prepared with mimosas,... Read More light sandwiches and snacks. My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. Not to mention the beauty of the venue! It is truly one of a kind. I would definitely recommend The Phoenix to anyone who inquires!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jeffrey A

My fiancé and I can't wait to have our wedding reception at The Phoenix! Laura Freking has been great with helping us to plan and organize everything for our big day.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelsey B

Our experience at The Phoenix was outstanding!! The customer service and follow-up from Laura Freking and her team was amazing. They made a stressful planning season go incredibly smooth, and were always there to help us with any questions or recommendations. Our guests... Read More constantly complimented the food selection throughout the night, the bartenders were so quick to attend the guests, and the set-up looked flawless! Choosing the Phoenix was the best decision we made! I highly recommend to friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christina M

The Phoenix was absolutely amazing. Laura and Lydia took the time to execute every detail to perfection , making our night completely stress free and exactly what we planned. They make you feel like you are their only client and consistently give you undivided attention. I... Read More recommend The Phoenix to every bride I meet!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Heather Z

I was a a bride from out of town, which I was afraid was going to be very stressful. However, Laura took the time to email me every answer to any questions I had to put my mind at ease while we planned the wedding. The day of the wedding she was also extremely helpful in... Read More coordinating everything and making sure the day went as smooth as possible.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Nicole B

Best venue we could have possibly picked. Truly a gorgeous venue and the staff was AMAZING!!! Everything ran very smoothly and if there was an issue I was completely unaware! Lydia Whitman made me feel so comfortable and put my mind at ease about every last detail - I don't know... Read More what I would have done without her! We received so many compliments from all our friends and family about how elegant the venue was and how happy they were with the food, drinks & service :)

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Kelsey W

We had our reception at The Phoenix in The Grand Ballroom and worked closely with both Laura and Lydia over the prior year and a half. Laura and Lydia were awesome! They were quick to respond to any question we had. As hectic as the month before can be, they were always... Read More willing to help us out and make any changes we needed. During the reception, Lydia and Becky continually checked on us to make sure we were taken care of. The entire staff was professional and efficient all night. We received multiple compliments from guests about the great food and beautiful Ballroom. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a fabulous downtown Cincinnati reception.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Liz A

We used the Phoenix for off-site catering for our Sunday brunch wedding at Rhinegeist Brewery. We got in touch with them about six weeks before our wedding, after we had to fire our previous caterer. Needless to say, we were stressed about finding someone new in such a short... Read More time-frame — especially since we don’t live in Cincinnati — but Linda at the Phoenix was responsive, professional, and helped us put together a perfect brunch-meets-pub-food stations menu within our price range and on our very short timeline! The day-of, everything was wonderful: the buffet stations were set up beautifully, the staff were professional and courteous, and the food was a big hit. What could have been the biggest disaster of our wedding turned out to be one of the best parts, thanks to the incredible professionalism of the Phoenix’s catering!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Becca K

We had our ceremony and reception at The Phoenix and were so happy we chose them! They made every step simple for us and went out of their way at every stage to make sure we were happy. We worked with Laura and Lydia, and they were both wonderful! We had a smallish group (50... Read More guests) and the Archway Ballroom was perfect for our reception. The room is beautiful! I highly suggest The Phoenix if you're looking for a beautiful location, great food and a staff that is there to help make your wedding exactly what you want.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Hannah G

The staff at the Phoenix was amazing! The food was the best food we have ever eaten! We received many compliments on both from our guests and a few asked for my contact for future events they want to hold there. We could have not asked for a more perfect day! Highly... Read More recommended!

Parent of the Groom

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Wonderful service, terrific food, outstanding staff. Laura Freking helped us from our first contact with her. We cannot say enough about how accommodating and exceptional the staff truly has been. Every need was met with a smile. I would recommend The Phoenix to anyone... Read More looking for an extraordinary wedding experience.