The Phoenix | Downtown Cincinnati

Come find out why we love doing what we do! The Phoenix is a National Historic Landmark and THE place to host your dream wedding ceremony and reception. Built in 1983, the building embodies some of the finest Art Deco Style architecture that creates a sense of timeless elegance and romance in a setting that is truly one of a kind. Our on-site wedding coordinators will help you every step of the way and make sure your entire wedding experience is flawless and personalized.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Religious Setting, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
85fa7701 a953 4325 9977 f6b764454ea3~rs 100

812 Race St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 721-8901

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Ally H

The Phoenix made my wedding dreams come true! I knew on my first tour that The Phoenix was my dream venue. The Phoenix comes with a built in wedding planner, Lauren helped me find great vendors and orchestrated everything. Her expertise and experience guided me along my planning... Read More process. My ceremony & reception were both in the Archway Ballroom which was perfect for about 130 guests. The ceremony space in front of the stained glass windows is so beautiful and looks fabulous in photos. The space feels intimate for my closest friends and family. We hosted a cocktail hour on the second floor during the room flip. Getting to see the room before everyone else was magical. The attention to detail is impeccable. My guests are still raving about the appetizers and meals served at our wedding. The menu tasting was a wonderful experience as well! My guests also raved about the service, the staff was attentive to each and every guest and made everyone feel important. Lauren took control of the rehearsal and made us feel comfortable with every aspect. The provided dance floor was wonderful. I could not be happier with The Phoenix, they took the stress out of wedding planning. Our photos are gorgeous and I owe it all to the amazing staff.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 trisha p

The Phoenix executed the wedding of my dreams! The entire planning process was so easy, thanks to their team of experts! The actual day of the wedding was absolutely perfect, and I had no worries, because Lauren (the lead coordinator) knew exactly how I wanted everything to be... Read More and had my complete trust. In fact, it was even better than I imagined. My husband and I felt like royalty, as did our families and bridal party. The guests said the dinner was so delicious, it was like they were at a restaurant. Absolutely the best day ever and I am so thankful for Lauren and the staff at the Phoenix.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Megan B

I recently got married on May 7th 2016. I worked with both Laura and Lydia at The Phoenix. They were both fantastic to work with! Laura & Lydia are hardworking, reliable, dedicated, professional and extremely kind. I always felt I was made a priority anytime I had questions,... Read More especially as the big day got closer. Laura and Lydia were an enormous help the week of the wedding. They were so accommodating and any changes last minute were adjusted with ease. Both my mom, sister and I were able to completely enjoy the big day as The Phoenix staff set everything up for us. Lydia ran around all day making sure everything was perfect and just how I had envisioned. You should of seen the grand ballroom when it was finished being decorated--- absolutely AMAZING! Both of our parents still talk today about how sharp and breathtaking that room looked. During the reception Lydia checked on Clint and I to make sure we didn’t need anything and everything was running smoothly and how we wanted. My husband and I have received COUNTLESS number of compliments regarding our reception. Numerous people have said it was the nicest wedding that they have ever been too. The Phoenix is BEAUTIFUL! Majority of our pictures were taken before our wedding inside The Phoenix and they are amazing. They also have a bridal suite at The Phoenix which worked out perfect—everyone was able to get ready and eat lunch in a large and spacious room. We are 100% thrilled we choose The Phoenix to have our reception. It was absolutely perfect and everything I have always dreamed about!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Becky K

Any bride looking for a reception venue, do yourself a favor and schedule a tour here! Not only is the venue beautiful, but the team is so wonderful to work with. Planning my reception was hands down the easiest part of wedding planning because of Lauren! She went above and... Read More beyond to make things easy. She responded timely to all of my questions (and there were a lot!) and was always happy to help. The food was AMAZING! I'm not sure how it was possible, but the Chef was able to prepare 160 short rib dinners cooked to perfection. My husband and I were told so many times during the reception how good the food tasted. The night of the reception the whole team out did themselves service wise. My husband loves bourbon. When he ordered one with dinner, it took a little longer than expected, but as it turns out there was not the type of bourbon he requested in our room. One of the team members went down to the restaurant bar and got the specific bourbon he requested and brought the bottle upstairs for the night. Completely unexpected and incredibly thoughtful of the server. I highly recommend The Phoenix! I wish it were possible to give The Phoenix more than 5 stars, they deserve at least 10!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Maura B

5 stars is not enough for The Phoenix! I'm a wedding coordinator who has had the pleasure of working with The Phoenix on several occasions and am always blown away by their service. I recently had a client inquire with The Phoenix catering for their Ault Park wedding. They... Read More have made the process so smooth and easy for my client by providing an easy breakdown as to what they will need for a park wedding (i.e. china, flatware .. etc) as well as an exact proposal based on their specifications. Their sales team are truly professionals and experts who are always available to their clients. On the day of the wedding, their team shows up like a well oiled machine. To top it all off, their food is DELICIOUS! Love love love The Phoenix!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Rossana K

What a great group at the Phoenix! Friendly and very flexible! And their prices were good too!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Flora R

I have had the pleasure on working with Laura for many events. She is great and so thorough! The venue is beautiful and the food is delicious. I highly recommend events here!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Robert F

I have attended events at the Phoenix on multiple occasions and they are always fantastic! Laura helped a friend of mine with his wedding and they were raving about the communication, organization and attentiveness throughout the whole process. The food was very good (filet!!)... Read More and the building itself is beautiful. I've also attended an event catered by the Phoenix in Oxford, OH and Laura and her staff knocked it out of the park even though it was raining and they had to improvise all day. If you're looking for someone who will truly care about your special day, pick Laura and the Phoenix.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Caroline O

The only reason I could give them a two is because the bar and waiting staff during the wedding is AWESOME! The are so friendly and easy to talk to and eager to help. Also I worked with Abby and she was extremely helpful as well. But during my planning of the wedding my amount... Read More that needed to be paid changed 3 times, the food we tried at our first tasting was AWFUL and we had to go back and try again, the event planner over seeing everyone is rude, and seems to go out of her way to make things harder, I ended up not meeting my minimum (which READ YOUR FINE PRINT. Huge taxes and services fees are added on top of the minimum) and called and went through dollar by dollar to ensure I wasn't paying anymore and still ended up being charged 150 dollars more at the final bill. On top of that, they were rude to my guests that showed up early to receive champagne and wait in the hall (which I paid extra for) and made them sit in the lobby with NO drinks and advised them to go else where. My reception was supposed to start at 5 and I paid to have people served drinks early (starting around 4 or 4:30) and no body got drinks till after 5. They're lucky their hands on working staff is so great or they'd get no stars. Something really needs to be done about the management and the deceitful ways they try to just get money!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Leif H

We've been to more weddings than we could count. When thinking back, some of the most memorable receptions had really good food (or really bad). You tend not to remember the "ok" or "average". We wanted to be one of the "best" food weddings and The Phoenix definitely made it... Read More happen. The hors d'oeuvres were awesome. We had the chicken & waffle, beef Wellington, and lobster salad. If it could get any better, the main courses were amazing with either pork shank and cheesy polenta or short rib with smoky mashed potatoes. All of our guests loved the food and still talk about it months later. The Phoenix went above and beyond to ensure we got everything we wanted and helped us decide on the perfect menu options. They really took care of everything including the glassware. Laura and her team were on top of every single detail and were the best to work with! We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Stephanie F

I cannot imagine my wedding happening anywhere else or planning it without the help of Lauren and Abby. Working with the Phoenix was a great experience. I felt like I had a team who really cared about my vision and who was keeping an eye on all of the little details with me. The... Read More food at the wedding was great. The service at the wedding was wonderful. I would highly recommend the Phoenix as a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Kristen C

We had a wonderful Wedding Saturday, 9/9 for the new Mr. and Mrs. Inman!! Our Phoenix Coordinator, Lauren Melloan was exceptional!  She nailed every detail, answered our many, many questions leading up to the wedding almost always within minutes!  During the preparation for the... Read More day of the event and during the event she handled every detail perfectly!  We had exceptional support from the beginning contract stage and all of the details for the wedding. The staff during the Wedding did an exceptional job.  They also helped us pack all of our event items and get them quickly out to our cars.  In addition, one of the most important things is all night we heard how beautiful the venue was and several comments that it was the best wedding they had attended!  We also had many comments about how great the food was. That means a lot to us as we tried to plan a dream wedding! Thanks to The Phoenix! We highly recommend you!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 carolyn t

My husband and I worked with The Phoenix for our outdoor July wedding at French Park. Laura Freking and The Phoenix team did an absolutely amazing job making sure we had everything we wanted within the budget we presented. On the day of, the food was fantastic and the service... Read More was on point. They cooked a full pig roast at our venue which was such a cool detail that our guests loved! As the bride and groom, we could relax and enjoy our day knowing that The Phoenix had everything taken care of. The Phoenix team is professional and offers high quality service and food. I would absolutely recommend working with this vendor!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Neal M

What a memorable event orchestrated by the very professional staff at the Phoenix on Saturday, July 8th for my daughter Devin's reception. Laura Freking and her assistants were on top of things from beginning to end and attended to every detail. We could not have asked for... Read More more. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the food was incredible to say the least. We had nearly 350 guests and not a negative comment from anyone. I would highly recommend it as a venue for anyone planning a wedding in downtown Cincinnati. Kudos to the entire Phoenix team. You helped create a memory that will last a lifetime. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Amanda R

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Laura at The Phoenix! Having quality, unique, and specific food at our wedding was at the top of the priority list for my husband and I. After a few not so great tastings and/or conversations with caterers, I was so excited after my first... Read More conversation with Laura! She really listened to my ideas and dreams and I immediately trusted her to help my vision come to life. We had a specific idea for a taco cocktail hour and we were so impressed with the chef's combination of ingredients in mini tacos at our tasting. We also raved about the mashed and sweet potatoes after the tasting, telling our guests the potato bar will definitely be a highlight of the wedding cuisine! Laura was so responsive and organized throughout the planning process and during the big day. Her serving team was so professional and went out of their way to help our wedding party and all of our guests feel welcome and took care of our every need. My sister has severe food allergies and she and her team worked hard to have the food labeled and Laura herself helped take care of my sister by serving her some of the food she was able to eat. We continue to get compliments from family and wedding guests about how incredible the food was! I always share my great experience with the Phoenix when recommending a caterer to friends or anyone I hear is getting married! Thanks Laura, I'm so glad we chose you and your team to cater our beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017

I have always been one of those people who won't write a review unless I have had either really terrible service or exceptional service. I am writing this review of The Phoenix Catering because of the absolutely wonderful service that they provided for our wedding at Rhinegeist... Read More Brewery this Spring. I didn't have much experience with planning an event of that scale, but Laura and the entire staff at The Phoenix made things so easy and straightforward right from the start. We decided to do a station reception, and I highly recommend it for other couples. We were able to make some substitutions and really personalize the menu to a degree that I didn't expect. I had many, many, questions for Laura about everything. One of my major anxieties was that I was planning our wedding from my current home in Boston. I wasn't able to set up a tasting, or have a face to face meeting with the catering staff, but in the end it turns out I didn't need to worry! We actually had multiple guests (at least 15-20) come up to myself or my husband and tell us that we had the best wedding food that they had ever had. The mashed potato bar, the sauerkraut balls, the sloppy joe sliders, the Grippos tater tots... I could go on and on... It was simply amazing food that sets the bar for what wedding food should be. Thanks again to everyone at The Phoenix for making our day extra special.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Christine R

Everything about this place is absolutely amazing! I had originally been working with Carolina but about 6 months before the wedding she had left-I was a bit nervous because of this but Lydia took care of me from there and she was amazing!! We originally picked The Phoenix for... Read More the beautiful aspects (marble staircase-stained glass windows etc.) The price was super reasonable as well for the Archway Ballroom-which was a perfect size for our 100 guest wedding. The price was comparable to any random country club with no special details. The food was so good as well! Which is hard to find in my opinion. Lydia really took care of everything on our night and made sure everything ran so smoothly! I would recommend checking this place out to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Samantha H

I cannot express how much I loved the Phoenix, it was so beautiful and the entire staff worked so hard to make sure every little detail of my wedding was taken care of. It was so stress free on the day of it was like a dream. I would recommend Lydia, Lauren and the whole staff... Read More at the Phoenix a million times over!!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Leslie S

My coordinator Lydia was awesome. Very detail oriented and great attutide!. Perfect response time!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Melodie T

My daughter got married last weekend and had her reception at The Phoenix in Cincinnati. We were very pleased not only with the food and the service, but the special care that the employees showed. Lydia was great to work with in the months of planning and Abby did a great job... Read More of setting everything up and making sure things ran smoothly the night of the reception. We received several compliments on the food. The chef is amazing. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. I would highly recommend The Phoenix for your special events.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Kate A

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with the Phoenix!! The Phoenix is a GORGEOUS venue with delicious catering and wonderful event coordinators to work with! We worked very closely with Lydia, who was always ready to help us with whatever we needed throughout... Read More the process of planning our wedding reception. She took care of absolutely everything for us so everything turned out exactly like we wanted on our wedding day, and we did not have to lift a finger on the wedding day. The catering was also absolutely perfect-the food turned out wonderfully. Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom, which looked absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend the Phoenix!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Rhonda R

The fact that I am reviewing our caterer nine months after the wedding can mean only one thing...they were so AMAZING that I was committed and compelled to write this for the Phoenix! If you'd like to see our daughter's wedding video with images of the food, please visit:... Read More http://www.studio213films.com/new-blog/2016/5/26/maggie-and-stephan-wedding-film-oxford Laura Freking, Director, and Joey Hahn, Executive Chef, were chosen to cater our daughter's wedding (May 2016) ONLY after we had intereviewed (with the help of our wedding planner, Michelle Kinne of Blue Dahlia) and attended six other tastings with some of the finest caterers throughout the city. Our daughter and her (now) husband live in Manhattan (wedding was at her childhood home in Oxford). Because they have enjoyed so many fine dining experiences in New York, they were very focused on the food and wanted to find a caterer that would deliver a memorable menu. Laura and Joey worked with us to develop the perfect menu--one that fit the outdoor woodland-setting. Their entire team (including the owner) came a few weeks before the event to see the site, make decisions on service, logistics, etc. My husband and I were extremely impressed and assured that we were in great hands. They really cared about this special day and it was apparent in the professional response and attention. On the day of the wedding, it rained all morning. Laura, Joey and their entire team of servers and crew arrived early. Laura had new uniforms for the wait staff. When they saw how wet the site was, they ran out to purchase rain boots for their crew! They pitched in to spread hay under their working tents--it was over and beyond what anyone would expect of a catering team and, honestly, they did it with a smile! The food was gorgeous and the presentation was special. Servers had guests chasing after them for the "lobster on a stick," and the "grilled cheese with truffle honey." Dinner was served homestyle--a juicy roast chicken with grilled lemons presented on a wooden platter. Sides were not 'just' an afterthought--they were all so delicious--the potatoes were something special. At midnight, Joey rolled out a "whole roasted pig" for our guests' late night enjoyment next to the blazing bonfire. People were raving about the food long after the wedding was over--a sign of a great caterer! Thank you, Phoenix, for an amazing experience!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Brooke P

Absolutely amazing venue! Not only is every inch stunningly beautiful, but the staff are incredibly professional, kind, and organized. The food is fantastic- our guests said it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. Our on-site coordinator had a family emergency the day... Read More before our wedding, and someone else stepped in without missing one single detail of what we had planned and needed. By booking The Phoenix, you are getting so much more than just a location which will make your day perfect.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Kelsey F

The food and service the night of the reception was great, we had excellent servers. There were some ups and downs with the planning, but they did their best to make things right at the end.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Luisa C

The Phoenix takes extreme care of every single detail; the staff is courteous and helpful. Carolina Curran has vast experience in event planning and is great to work with. If you want the peace of mind of not having to worry about a thing the day of the event; you can rely on... Read More the Phoenix as a great partner who will deliver with excellence.