Bridal Shower Wishes: What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card
Every bride deserves a moment to relax, de-stress, and celebrate her upcoming wedding with friends and family. Typically held a month or two before the wedding, a bridal shower is a chance for the bride to do just that—and it's an opportunity for attendees to offer congratulations and best wishes.
As a guest, it can be difficult to know what gift to bring and what to write in a bridal shower card. A traditional bridal shower is for the bride, and gifts can include personal items, such as perfume or lingerie. A couples wedding shower, on the other hand, is for the couple, and gifts tend to be household items that they can use together. When in doubt, check the invitation for details, or contact the host.
In this Article:
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Funny
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Religious
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Daughter
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Daughter-in-Law
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Sister
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Friend
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Coworker
- What to Write in a Bridal Shower Card – Bridal Shower Quotes
Bridal Shower Card Etiquette
The card that accompanies your gift should include bridal shower wishes in the form of a personal message from you to the bride (or to the couple). In your bridal shower card message, congratulate the bride-to-be on her upcoming wedding, and tell her how happy you are for her. Give her a compliment, such as how beautiful she'll look in her dress or how lucky the groom is to have found her. Make her feel special.
Feel free to share a personal anecdote, either a memory you have of the bride and groom or of a special time you shared together. If you're close with the bride, your bridal shower wishes can be sincere and from the heart, but don't be afraid to be funny or unique. When considering what to write in a bridal shower card, let it reflect the relationship you have together. Give words of encouragement and bridal shower wishes. End your card with a great piece of advice about love or marriage or use a favorite quote.
Above all, remember that the bridal shower is about her. She's most likely nervous about the big day and has been under a lot of stress planning. This is the time to let her know that you are excited for her, support her, and want to share her joy.
Bridal Shower Card Example
If you're struggling with what to write in a bridal shower card, use the example below as a guide.
Bridal Shower wishes should be optimistic and congratulatory, but your bridal shower card wording does not need to be boring. If the bride is a close friend and you often joke around together, let that come out in your bridal shower card message. Whatever you do, avoid jokes that are insulting or could be misinterpreted.
Funny Bridal Shower Wishes Examples:
- They say marriage is hard. You have my number! Best of luck and love to you.
- Best wishes to you on your special day! Just remember—if you need an escape plan, you know where to find me! All my love.
- You are such a special, kind, and beautiful friend. Jason better treat you right—or else he'll have me to answer to! Best wishes to you both.
- Almost the big day! It's not too late to back out! Just kidding—you and I both know that you found your perfect match. Congratulations!
- I could tell you how much I love you and cherish our friendship, and how you mean more to me than anyone in this world, and that you and Wes are the most perfect couple that ever lived—but I'd probably break down and start ugly crying. So, in the interest of saving my mascara, let me just say this: Congratulations! Wishing you nothing but the best.
- Congratulations! May you forever stay consciously coupled.
- Forget Beyoncé and Jay-Z. You two are the epitome of #RelationshipGoals. Wishing you the best on your wedding day!
- In the words of the great philosopher Phoebe Buffay, congratulations on finding your "lobster." I knew from day one that you two were meant to be.
- Never yell at each other—unless the house is on fire. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but it's a good place to start! All my love on your wedding day.
- Congratulations! You're getting married! Don't worry—I'll be here to share my dating horror stories with you any time you ask.
If you and the couple share the same strong religious beliefs, it is appropriate to incorporate your faith into your bridal shower wishes. If you're unsure of the couple's religious affiliations, it's best to avoid this type of wording altogether.
Religious Bridal Shower Wishes Examples:
- May God bless your marriage with love and joy. Congratulations!
- A husband and wife can love each other best when they love God first. Wishing you love on your special day!
- A relationship is strongest with God at the center. Wishing you a strong, happy marriage!
- May your love for God and your love for each other grow stronger with every passing day. Sending all my love.
- May God grant you love, laughter, and happiness together. We're so happy for you! Congratulations!
- Stay strong in your faith and you will stay strong in marriage. Congratulations on your new life together.
- With God in your heart, your marriage will overflow with joy, love, and prosperity. Wishing you a beautiful wedding day and marriage.
- When you join hands and come together on your special day, I pray to God that you will never have to take them apart.
- "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." (Matthew 19:6) Congratulations on starting your journey!
- Mazel Tov! May you find joy and happiness in marriage and in life.
If your daughter is getting married, a bridal shower card is a great place to share your joy and excitement for the couple. Feel free to recount happy memories, offer congratulations, and give marriage advice. Don't put too much pressure on your bridal shower card message. Just speak from the heart and let your happiness show.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter Examples:
- All a parent wants is for her daughter to be happy, safe, and loved. With Sean, I know there's no need to worry. Sending you all the love in the world.
- Congratulations to my beautiful daughter. I could not be happier or more proud of you. Wishing you a blissful wedding day and life together.
- Your wedding day is almost here! I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle on the happiest day of your life. I love you more than anything.
- Seeing you with Greg makes me the happiest parent alive—because I know that you are truly loved, cherished, and supported. Congratulations!
- You are the most beautiful, thoughtful, and special daughter a parent could ask for. I can't wait to celebrate with you on your big day.
- Marriage is full of ups and downs. Continue to celebrate and cherish the ups, and support and care for each other through the downs. We'll be here for you no matter what! Congratulations and enjoy your wedding day.
- I've imagined this day ever since you were born, and now that it's almost here, I'm so excited for you. Congratulations and best wishes from the bottom of my heart.
- Congratulations on finding a wonderful person to share your life with. It brings me comfort to know that you two have everything you need, because you have each other. I'll always be here for you no matter what. All my love.
- I'm so excited for you and Rico, and I can't wait to celebrate with you on your big day. Nothing would bring me greater joy. Let's eat, drink, and watch you get married!
- I feel so grateful to have a strong, beautiful, and caring daughter, and even more lucky that you found a man who deserves you! I'm thrilled to see you get married and build your life together. Congratulations!
If your son is getting married, your bridal shower wishes to your new daughter-in-law can be a touching way to show your support and welcome her to the family. It's also an appropriate place to share wedding shower sentiments and advice about marriage or love.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Daughter-in-Law Examples:
- I couldn't choose a sweeter or more beautiful bride for my son than you. Sending all my love for your big day.
- They say you can't change a man, but I've never seen Paul as happy as you make him. Here's to many years of happiness for you both.
- I knew from the moment I met you that my son had chosen a very special woman. We are so excited to welcome you to our family.
- Marriage is a journey. Enjoy the ride, and know that any bumps in the road will pass. We will be here for you every step of the way. Congratulations!
- Kiss every day, laugh often, and never stop being friends. You two were made for each other. Congratulations on your wedding!
- I can tell how happy you make Dave by the smile that always appears on his face when he says your name. May you grow old together and still bring a smile to each other's faces many years from now. Best wishes!
- I'm so happy that you are marrying my son! You are already family to me. Lots of love.
- I can't wait to be there for you on your wedding day! You are such a special woman—my son is lucky to have found you. Congratulations!
- Thank you for opening your heart to my son and becoming a part of our family. We love you and can't wait to see you make it official!
- It's a magical moment when two people say "I do." I wouldn't miss it for the world. Welcome to the family!
The relationship between two siblings can be incredibly close or uncomfortably tense. If you and your sister share a strong bond, feel free to write a bridal shower message with personality and humor. If you have trouble getting along, it can be difficult to know what to write in her bridal shower card, but rest assured that simple bridal shower wishes of congratulations will do.
Bridal Shower Wishes for your Sister Examples:
- I can't believe the big day is almost here! I could not be happier for you. Wishing you all the best.
- I'm so happy for you that you found Ian! I couldn't imagine a funnier, sweeter, more devoted guy. He's everything I could ask for in a husband for my sister. Congratulations!
- I'm so eager to see you start this next chapter of your life with an incredible guy. Congratulations, soon-to-be-Mrs.!
- I knew from the moment I met Travis that he was not like other guys. He truly is a keeper—and I'm proud to call him my brother-in-law. Congratulations!
- You may be a beautiful, confident woman, but to me you're still my little sister who took her Barbies everywhere. It's hard to believe you're all grown up! I'm looking forward to seeing you walk down the aisle—tissues in hand! All my love.
- Congratulations on finding a great man to walk through life with! May your love last forever, and your husband spoil you rotten! I love you.
- Congratulations, beautiful bride! I can't wait to see you in that white dress!
- I'm so happy for you! Relax, have fun, and enjoy your special day! I'll be here if you need anything—there's nothing I wouldn't do for you!
- Congratulations, dear sister! It's your turn to be the princess for the day—make it count!
- From the moment I heard you were engaged, I've been overjoyed. Nathan is your perfect match, and I know you two will be so happy together! Congratulations!
If the bride is a close friend, your bridal shower card can be fun and funny or sweet and sentimental. Above all, let your bridal shower wishes to your friend show how happy you are for her, and how excited you are for her big day.
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Friend Examples:
- It's almost here! I'm thrilled for you and Tom, and wish you nothing but happiness. I'm here for you if you need anything—leading up to the big day, or after!
- Congratulations on finding your happily ever after! Sending you all my love.
- Congratulations on finding Mr. Right! Here's to a happy, love-filled future together.
- I can't imagine a more beautiful bride than you! Robert is a lucky guy. Best wishes to you both!
- Here's to your special day—and every day after with your new husband. Wishing you all the best in marriage and in life.
- Congratulations! You couldn't have picked a better person to start your life with. Wishing love and happiness to you both!
- Have a happy wedding day and life together! I'm feeling so much love and joy for you both.
- Congratulations to the happy couple! You are proof that soulmates and true love exist. May you grow together and always find new ways to love and support each other. All my best!
- May you always stay truly, madly, crazy in love. Best wishes to you!
- Congratulations to my dear friend. You are one of my favorite people in the world, and it brings me such joy to see you happy.
If your coworker is getting married, keep your bridal shower card wording short and sweet. It's always better to err on the side of caution than accidentally write something inappropriate. You can also use your bridal shower wishes to your coworker to give thanks for being involved.
Bridal Shower Wishes for a Coworker Examples:
- May your marriage be filled with lots of laughs, love, and happiness.
- Congratulations on your wedding! Wishing you all the happiness in the world.
- Best wishes to you on your special day.
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness for your wedding day!
- May this new chapter in your life be filled with joy and love. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your wedding. May your life together be all that you've dreamed of and more.
- May laughter and love be the soundtrack of your marriage.
- Wishing you the wedding day and marriage of your dreams.
- Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I can't wait to celebrate with you!
- Congratulations on taking this big step! I wish you nothing but happiness!
Having trouble with what to write in a bridal shower card? Sometimes it's difficult to come up with the right words to convey how we feel in our bridal shower sentiments. In these instances, using a quote about love or marriage can add just the right touch— sweet or funny—to your card.
Bridal Shower Quotes Examples:
- "All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love." – Leo Tolstoy
- "You don't marry someone you can live with—you marry the person who you cannot live without." – Aleatha Romig
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." – When Harry Met Sally
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." – Mignon McLaughlin
- "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." – Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Airman's Odyssey
- "Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." – Robert Heinlein
- "We're all a little weird, and life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." – Dr. Seuss
- "There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage." – Martin Luther
- "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." – Jodi Picoult
- "I'm your density. I mean, your destiny." – Back to the Future