The 50 Best Birthday Instagram Captions to Celebrate Your S.O.
Here at The Knot, we love a good celebration. And while we're partial to weddings, we're firm believers that all of life's special moments deserve a party—especially birthdays. Whether you're celebrating your boyfriend or girlfriend, fiancé or spouse, their birthday only comes around once a year, which means it's completely justified to pull out all the stops. Luckily, we're here to help you make their special day one for the books. Not only do we have plenty of romantic date night ideas, we've also compiled roundups of great gift ideas for him and for her. And, because no birthday is complete without a social media post, we've got birthday Instagram caption ideas too.
Coming up with unique, non-cringey captions for Insta isn't always easy, which is why we've curated ideas for just about every scenario, from your engagement to your anniversary and your wedding day. (We even have ideas for when you're the guest too.) But if you're currently searching for birthday captions for your S.O., you're in the right place. Below, we've rounded up 50 of our favorite birthday captions for Instagram. If you want something that's fresh and creative, we've got you covered with these trendy birthday Instagram captions. As the perfect accompaniment to your wedding photos, engagement pictures, or one of the many selfies that live on your camera roll, these creative birthday captions will get plenty of likes.
In this article:
Funny Birthday Captions for Your S.O.
Not everyone likes to get sappy on the 'gram, and that's perfectly fine. If you and your S.O. tend to save the romance for each other, these funny birthday captions are just what you need.
- The best gift in life was marrying me.
- The only other birthday as important as mine.
- It's a national holiday.
- If [zodiac sign] was a person.
- Like a fine wine, you're only getting better with age.
- Same time next year?
- Birthday behavior.
- Every age looks good on you, but here's to [age]
- Another year older, none the wiser.
- A birthday is just another opportunity to post more wedding pictures.
- '90s baby.
- Age is just a hashtag.
- You're looking at the best party favor.
- Don't ask what [S.O.'s name] wished for.
- No need for bday candles because you've already set my heart on fire.
- Age is just the number of years the world has been enjoying you.
- On this day, a legend was born.
- Old enough to need a skincare routine.
- Don't grow up, it's a trap.
- I love you almost as much as I love cake.
Sweet Birthday Captions for Your S.O.
Whether you need a birthday caption for your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife, these sweet sentiments deserve a spot on your feed. We'll let you in on a secret too: You don't have to write a lengthy paragraph to express your love. Instead, these cute birthday Instagram captions are just enough to give your S.O. the shoutout they deserve on their big day.
- Birthdays are better with you.
- Here's to [age].
- Another 365.
- The greatest gift I ever got was you.
- Make a wish.
- More life.
- Making the years count instead of counting the years.
- Next chapter.
- Lucky number [age].
- One extra candle on the cake.
- Another year around the sun with the love of my life.
- You're worth celebrating every day.
- Really grateful you were born.
- Celebrating [S.O.'s name] is a piece of cake.
- [Age] beautiful laps around the sun.
- A [birth month] baby.
- You just get better with age.
- Bring out the bubbly.
- Blessed to see another year with you.
- It's not the years that count, it's the memories you make over these years.
Birthday Captions for Your S.O. Inspired by Pop Culture
Pop culture is full of birthday caption ideas—so if you don't want to write your own message, steal a great one-liner from your favorite song or movie. We've scoured the internet to source the best pop culture birthday captions for your husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend. (Consider it our gift to you.)
- "It was the end of a decade, but the start of an age." —Taylor Swift, 'Long Live'
- "Turn my birthday into a lifestyle." —Drake, 'Pop Style'
- "They say it's your birthday; we're gonna have a good time." –The Beatles, 'Birthday'
- "Feeling so Gatsby for that whole year." —Taylor Swift, 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things'
- "It's your birthday you don't have to do nothin'." –Destiny's Child, 'Birthday'
- "Make it like your birthday every day." —Katy Perry, 'Birthday'
- "Tell 'em that it's my birthday when I party like that!" —Selena Gomez, 'Birthday'
- "We gonna party like it's your birthday." —50 Cent, 'In Da Club'
- "We don't need no guest list. Everybody's invited." —Ariana Grande, 'Pink Champagne'
- "Thirty, flirty, and thriving." —13 going on 30