Save-the-Dates: Destination Wedding Ideas
For most of your guests, a destination wedding means vacation time. So why not set the relaxed vibe right from the get-go? Consider one of these customized save-the-dates, guaranteed to get guests excited about your wedding -- and their upcoming getaway.
- For a beach wedding, create a "message in a bottle." Roll up your documents, tie them with a bit of twine or a tiny rope, and put them in a bottle with sand and seashells.
- For a winter destination wedding, mail out customized snow globes with a picture of you two and the details.
- If you're asking guests to travel to a luxe links resort or a country club in your parents' hometown, have golf balls engraved with your personal information. Cut out a tiny square of Astroturf or fake grass and send each in a box with the golf ball on top.
- Send postcards from the town where you're holding the affair. For bonus points, send them in one envelope to a local planner who can mail them -- that way, they'll have a destination postmark.
- Lay local color over your invites by including paper currency, exotic greenery like a banana leaf, or a vellum sheet printed with a historical map of the town.
- Send cards that match your formal wedding invites but add a locale-themed twist, like a drawing of a local landmark or a stamp celebrating the state.