Repurpose These 15 Backyard Barbecue Ideas At Your Wedding
Borrow the best parts of backyard grill parties to create a spring or summer wedding that stays true to the red, white and blue. When your wedding lands on a summer holiday like Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day, adding a dose of patriotism only adds to the celebration. Here are 15 ways to take barbecue favorites and spin them to work at your rehearsal dinner or wedding.
1. Hand out flags for a patriotic ceremony or reception exit.
2. Stick to summer time garden blooms.
3. Accessorize with camo!
From the album: A Rustic Autumnal Wedding in Canandaigua, NY
4. Set up lawn games for the cocktail hour.
5. Mix up a signature cocktail in red, white and blue.
From the album: A Charming Colorful Wedding in Virginia Beach, VA
6. Incorporate picnic plaid into printed cocktail napkins.
7. Refresh guests with small bites of watermelon and mint.
From the album: A Rustic Orange Wedding in Mt. Hood, OR
8. Set out farm to table snacks for grazing guests.
9. Fry up backyard party favorites (like bacon baskets and fried chicken!).
From the album: A Green Building Wedding in Brooklyn, New York
10. Make your kegs (of domestic beer!) classy with a galvanized metal tag.
11. …Or repurpose a rustic wheelbarrow as a cooler!
From the album: An At-Home Wedding In Yale, Oklahoma
12. Set the table with bandanas as napkins.
From the album: A Santa Margarita Ranch Wedding in Santa Margarita, California
13. Share your family's best kept secret: Aunt Cathy's cherry pie.
From the album: A Relaxing, Outdoor Wedding in Boyne City, MI
14. Thank guests with custom condiment favors (like BBQ sauce and pickles!).
15. Gift a breakfast picnic box for a morning-after treat.
From the album: A Romantic, Vintage Wedding in Philadelphia, PA