All the Best Engagement Captions For Your Instagram Announcement
First comes the proposal, then comes the Instagram engagement announcement. Once you've told your loved ones the happy news, it's time to spread the word on social media (accompanied by the perfect engagement caption of course).
Figuring out exactly what to caption your favorite proposal photo can be tricky. Some want to express their love with a sentimental tribute, while others prefer a funny engagement caption. Ultimately, the way you share the news of your engagement on social media should perfectly represent your relationship. No matter what fits your Instagram aesthetic, we've compiled our favorite engagement captions to help inspire your "Just Engaged" Instagram post.
In this article:
- Popular Engagement Quotes
- Funny Engagement Captions
- Cute Engagement Captions
- Holiday-Themed Engagement Captions
- Engagement Quotes and Captions From Celebs
- Engagement Party Captions
Popular Engagement Quotes
Everyone from movie buffs to music lovers can pay homage to their favorite songs and fictional works in their Instagram announcement. In fact, it's not uncommon for couples to plan wedding parties inspired by their favorite pop culture moments. (Need proof? Check out this Office-themed bridal shower or these Harry Potter reception ideas.) So when the time comes to post your Instagram engagement announcement, consider these pop culture-themed caption ideas.
From TV Shows and Movies
- The one where we got engaged. (Friends)
- My lobster… for life. (Friends)
- Better than Pretzel Day. (The Office)
- "I love you and I like you." Let's get married. (Parks and Recreation)
- You'll always be my person. (Grey's Anatomy)
- "Marry me… because I'd like to date you." (The Proposal)
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." (When Harry Met Sally)
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return." (Moulin Rouge)
- "Three words. Eight letters. Say it, and I'm yours." (Gossip Girl)
- "You had me at 'Hello.'" (Jerry Maguire)
- "Let's start with forever." (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer)
- "I love her and it is the beginning of everything." (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- "But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- "Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same." (Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë)
- "Here's to all the places we went. And all the places we'll go. And here's to me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you." (An Abundance of Katherines by John Green)
- "I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." (The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks)
- "For you, a thousand times over." (The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini)
- I can't put my hand up during "Single Ladies" anymore. ("Single Ladies" by Beyoncé)
- "'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love." ("Perfect" by Ed Sheeran)
- "You are the best thing that's ever been mine." ("Mine" by Taylor Swift)
- "Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." ("Marry You" by Bruno Mars)
- "You're my end and my beginning." ("All of Me" by John Legend)
- "I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love." ("Make You Feel My Love" by Adele)
- "I belong with you, you belong with me. You're my sweetheart." ("Ho Hey" by The Lumineers)
- "Heaven is a place on earth with you." ("Video Games" by Lana Del Ray)
- "I love you. Three words that are divine." ("I Love You" by Frank Sinatra)
- "Keep all my love forever." ("P.S. I Love You" by The Beatles)
- "Maybe I don't know that much but I know this much is true, I was blessed because I was loved by you." ("Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion)
Funny Engagement Captions
If you and your partner appreciate witty puns or sarcastic jokes, get creative with your Instagram announcement. These cheeky ideas are perfect for those who love to show off their fun personalities, because there are no rules that say you have to stick with a traditional "I said yes" caption. Here are some of our favorite funny engagement captions that will make your friends laugh. (Or cry. Or both.)
- Like Beyoncé, but with an "F."
- The Instagram post you've all been waiting for.
- Poll: Does this ring make me look engaged?
- It's about time.
- My hand feels heavier today…I wonder why.
- TL;DR: We're engaged.
- Can't wait to be weird together for the rest of our lives.
- OMG. I feel like Meghan Markle.
- 💍💍💍💍💍💍💍 —Ariana Grande.
- Nobody pinch me.
Cute Engagement Captions
Keep it sweet and sentimental with a cute engagement post. You can write a long tribute to your partner if you'd like—or, if you'd rather keep the romantic thoughts between you and your S.O., these cute engagement captions are perfect for delivering the news without getting too sappy. (Bonus points if you also add in a Boomerang of your ring or a selfie of you and your partner clinking glasses to celebrate.)
- The easiest "Yes" I've ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We'll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We're getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
- Just taking in the view.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Will I ever stop smiling? Probably not.
Holiday-Themed Engagement Captions
If you think you see a rise in engagements during the holiday season, you're not mistaken. According to studies from The Knot, almost 40 percent of couples get engaged between November and February (hence why this time of year is dubbed "proposal season"). With family gatherings and seasonal parties in full swing, it serves as a perfect time to pop the question. If you get engaged in the thick of proposal season (or on another holiday throughout the year), honor your special date through one of these thematic engagement captions.
- We have plenty to be thankful for this year.
- Christmas came early this year.
- Guess who made it onto Santa's "Nice" list this year?
- A perfect way to 💍 in the New Year. Literally.
- My forever Valentine.
- Yes, there were fireworks.
Engagement Quotes and Captions From Celebs
Sometimes, the best way to get inspired for your own Instagram caption is to read an engagement quote from another happy couple. Here, we've compiled our favorite engagement quotes from celebrities and more. Use their words for inspiration, or read them simply because they'll give you all the feels. There's no need to come up with engagement quotes on your own—these celebs have already done it for you.
- "I've found someone who refuses to let me be anything but myself." (Hayley Paige, wedding dress designer)
- "His proposal was dedicated to his love for me and the future he wanted to build together." (Rachel Lindsay, former Bachelorette)
- "My forever." (Vanessa Morgan, Riverdale actress)
- "Thank you for saying YES and making me the happiest man in the world. You're the love of my life, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." (Tim Tebow, athlete)
- "He got down on one knee and he's like, 'I forgot everything I'm supposed to say, but you're my best friend.'" (Hilary Duff, actress)
- "Well, he is, the finest man I've ever met. He's just everything." (Hoda Kotb, TV personality)
- "I'm the luckiest man in the world. #SheSaidYes." (JJ Watt, athlete)
- "He took me to France and made a picnic and made me feel happy and free and then he asked me to marry him and I screamed YES." (Jenny Slate, actress)
- "That can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff." (Sarah Hyland, actress)
- "Here's to a lifetime of friendship, purpose & unconditional love." (Bindi Irwin, conservationist)
- "He's just the best person I've ever met in my whole life." (Jennifer Lawrence, actress)
- "I asked my best friend a question… and she said yes." (Jordan Fisher, actor)
- "Once you've found the right person, you just know." (Sophie Turner, actress)
- "She said yes. Locking it down." (Alex Rodriguez, athlete)
- "How could I say no?" (Don Lemon, news anchor)
Engagement Party Captions
What better way to celebrate your milestone than with an engagement party? After the initial excitement settles, consider bringing your inner circle together for a prewedding party. Whether you're hosting or a loved one takes over, you'll want to document the special night—and, yes, you'll need an engagement party Instagram caption. If you find yourself short on inspiration, we're here to help with the cutest (and funniest) engagement party captions for you to steal.
- The countdown is officially on.
- Finally making that forever thing official.
- Engagement party for two, please.
- X days until we're going to the chapel…
- Instagram husband/wife in training.
- Apparently [dating app] isn't just for flings.
- Diamond? Check. Spouse? X days to go.
- Let's be real, every day is an engagement party for us.
- Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.