One of the best parts of your wedding planning is figuring out together what to pick for the best wedding registry ideas. There are tons of options out there these days, so you will need to decide early what to register for your wedding. If you don’t already live together, it’s the first time you can envision how you will decorate and plan for your home together. If you do share a home, this is a fun chance to upgrade those hand-me-down items you’ve had since you were in college. Here at The Knot, we’ve provided you with some tips and suggestions to help you figure out what to register for if you are registering for the first time, and ensure that your registry contains all the latest wedding registry must-haves.
Wedding Registry Ideas in this Article:
Why Have a Wedding Registry?
Unless you specify that you do not wish for any wedding gifts from friends and family, having a registry allows your guests to pick from a selection of top wedding registry items that you would love in your new home. A registry takes the guesswork out of the task, giving your loved ones confidence that they are purchasing a meaningful gift that you will love. A wedding registry also helps keep tabs on which wedding registry items have already been purchased by another guest, saving you the hassle of having to return that fifth gravy dish from your great aunt once removed in Idaho.
Many stores offer post-wedding discounts that let you purchase the wedding registry must-haves that your guests didn’t purchase from your registry. If you received gifts of cash, this is a great opportunity for you to personally choose items while getting a great discount. In addition, wedding registries from major department stores offer services to help you keep track and remind you to send those very important thank you cards after your wedding. In case you need any more persuasion to register for your wedding, many wedding registries will send you a personal gift for registering with them. So, do your research, and get the most out of your wedding registry in order to start your lives together.
Tips for Registering your Wedding Registry
1. Have Several Price Points. To avoid embarrassing your guests with the price tags of some of your wedding registry must-haves, make sure to have a wide range of price points to select from. There are many wedding registry ideas at affordable prices, but there are plenty others that allow family members to splurge if they choose to.
2. Involve Your Other Half. Whether you or your soon-to-be hubby is the shopper of the household, make sure to work together to pick out the items that you will both enjoy. Include some of the best wedding registry items for men as well as for women on your list so that you both enjoy a personal touch.
3. Check Out the Return Policies of your Registry Items. Having a registry means that you will be much more likely to receive gifts you love. However, there may be times where you change your mind. Plan ahead to make sure that your registry offers the most seamless exchanges and refunds.
4. Register at Several Stores. Give your guests a few selections to choose from, both online and offline; that way they do not feel restricted and can have some unique wedding registry ideas to choose from.
5. Set it Up Early. Make sure to do your research and add your wedding registry items to your wedding registry checklist early on so that your guests are not scrambling to find wedding gifts at the last minute.
Finding the Best Registry Gifts
1. Items That Will Last. The best wedding registry items can be cherished for many years to come. At The Knot, we curated our list of top wedding registry items with quality in mind.
2. Items That Suit Your Lifestyle. Give your guests a few unique wedding registry ideas so they can feel they are personalizing your wedding gift. That special touch connects you to your honored guests in a very special way.
3. Items That You Use Everyday. Planning what to register for should be as simple as figuring out what you use daily. The best wedding registry items are things that you use every day in the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
4. Items That Add a Personal Touch. Unique wedding registry ideas include monogrammed items and personalized gifts.
Wedding Registry Ideas: $250+
On the high end of the spectrum as far as gifting a couple for their wedding, this price point is typically reserved for the closest friends and family, so you may be wise to only include a few of these wedding registry ideas. However, with this list of amazing gifts that we have put together, you’re sure to find something you can’t live without!