Destination Weddings: Marriage License?


Who handles the necessary paperwork for a marriage license?


Some resorts will handle the paperwork for you, but in most cases you and your fiance will need to go to the local town hall and secure a marriage license for yourselves. This is one of the first things you should check on when you decide on your wedding destination. For more on what paperwork you'll need to bring, check out wedding license requirements .

-- JoAnn Gregoli

Up Next
Bride signing marriage license
How to Get a Marriage License
Your union won't be official until you obtain your marriage license. Here's everything you need to know before you head to the marriage bureau.
by The Knot5 min read