Maid of Honor: What Are Her Wedding Duties?
- Planning one or more showers for the bride, with the help of the other bridesmaids and/or the bride's mother, sisters, etc.
- Helping the bride choose her dress and shopping for bridesmaid dresses.
- Making sure the bridesmaids all go for their dress fittings and get everything they need for the big day.
- Lending an ear when the bride wants to/needs to vent, whether it be about her mother-in-law to-be or the fact that the napkins don't exactly match the tablecloths.
- Generally keeping the bride sane during wedding planning.
- Making sure the bridesmaids know where they need to be and at what time on the big day.
- At the ceremony, standing next to the bride while she exchanges vows and holding her bouquet during the ring part of things.
- The MOH may also hold onto the groom's wedding band for the bride (although the best man has traditionally taken care of both bands).
- She may stand in the receiving line.
- Bustling the bride's train for the party.
- At the reception, she's often announced along with the best man.
- She may dance with the best man during or after the couple's first dance.
- Generally keeping the bride sane during the wedding itself.
What exactly are the wedding responsibilities of the maid of honor?
Here's what the MOH is primarily responsible for: