20 Precious Wedding Wishes From Grandparents to their Grandbaby
Your grandchild is preparing to marry the love of their life, but before they walk down the aisle, you've got to find the best gift paired with a thoughtful card. Crafting wedding wishes from grandparents (that's you, how lucky you are) to your grandchild can be a challenging task. How can you sum up all your love, happiness and support into just a few sentences? If you're not sure what to write in a wedding card, we, the experts, are here to get your creativity flowing and help you craft a message so good they'll be showing off your beautiful words even five years from now. Keep reading to check out some examples of thoughtful messages you can consider making into your own when you compose your well-wishes.
Wedding wishes in this article:
For a Grandchild and Their Partner
Whether you're close to your grandchild's partner or are still getting to know them, you can add a message wishing the two of them good luck along with your special wedding gift to your grandchild. Pair it with some sage advice you've learned over the years or something you love about their relationship to make it more special.
- Congratulations! [I'm/We're] so thankful [I/we] could be a part of your special day. Wishing you a life full of love and laughter.
- Wishing you all the best on your new chapter together. May it be filled with love, laughter and adventure.
- Looking at the two of you together is like watching a fairy-tale unfold.
- [I/we] can't get over how perfect the two of you are together. Congratulations and wishing you all the best as you start your new chapter.
For a Granddaughter
Watching your granddaughter get married can be a nostalgic moment—she's officially grown up! Thoughtful sentiments to include in your wedding wishes for your granddaughter could be how much you admire her, what you loved about her wedding and a piece of advice on marriage and love.
- You looked absolutely radiant today and [I/we] are so excited to see what's next for you and your partner.
- This is just the beginning and [I'm/we're] so happy to be a part of your special day.
- Watching you walk down the aisle brought tears to [my/our] eyes—you were so beautiful! Your partner is so lucky to have you as their wife.
- May this next chapter in your life be filled with so much love and laughter. [I/We] couldn't be more proud of and excited for you.
For a Grandson
When your grandson gets married, it's a quick signifier that he's no longer a child. Use your wedding wishes from grandparents to grandson as an opportunity to get sentimental. Reflect on shared traditions, any marriage advice, special memories and things you admire about him to gas him up for this next chapter in his life.
- Congratulations on your happy marriage! May this new chapter be filled with infinite love and treasurable memories (just like we've had together on our special fishing trips).
- Love is the most important thing in the world and [I/we] couldn't be happier that you found it.
- You've always been the go-getter of the family, which is only further seen with the wonderful partner you've chosen.
- Not everyday will be perfect, but remember to be kind, patient and—most importantly—to never stop loving each other.
From a Grandmother to Her Grandchild
There may be so much you want to say in your best wishes for your grandchild's wedding, but figuring out how to put pen to paper is the tricky part. Start by adding a word or two of congratulations followed by your hopes and desires for their future. Be sure to weave in any memories of times you've spent together, how you feel like it was just yesterday watching one of their parents get married and don't be afraid to get sentimental.
- Congratulations to my amazing grandchild! I wish you a happy life with your partner.
- I hope you and your partner continue waking up smiling together. Here's to the fruitful life the two of you have yet to live.
- I may not be as young as I used to be, but I know true love when I see it and the two of you are the definition.
- You getting married was possibly one of the best experiences I got to have as a grandmother. Congratulations my darling.
From a Grandfather to His Grandchild
The most important thing to add into any card is something sentimental and from the heart. Whether it's a memory or characteristic of them you admire, make sure to share that to really personalize the card to your grandchild. And though being mushy might not be in your nature, tell them how much you love being their grandfather.
- I feel so blessed that I get to watch you marry the love of your life. Here's to many years of excitement and adventure together.
- May your love continue to flourish and thrive as you grow together.
- I can't wait to continue watching you and your partner build a strong and everlasting love.
- Congratulations on your beautiful wedding! I'm lucky I got to witness it as your grandfather.