Shoe Game: Wedding Reception Game and Questions
You probably wouldn't think to play a game during your wedding reception, but these days more and more couples are adding wedding games to their reception to keep guests entertained. The Shoe Game is one that's especially popular, and all you need to play are two chairs and your shoes. Ready?
How to Play the Shoe Game:
- Ask a member of your wedding party to place two chairs back to back in the middle of the dance floor. Sit in one chair and have your partner sit in the other. Then take off your shoes and switch one shoe with your partner. You should each have two different shoes in your hands.
- Designate a "caller" who will come prepared with a list of questions to ask you and your new spouse. (This is a great job for someone who didn't make it into your wedding party, but whom you still want to be involved.) Each question should start with "Who…?," as in "Who is the pickier eater?," or "Who has the better shower singing voice?" You can even get your guests involved by asking them to write their own questions and drop them in a box for the caller to read come game time. The caller should start with simple questions and gradually move to more personal ones (as long as both you and your spouse are comfortable answering them!).
- Once you're asked a question, raise your partner's shoe if it describes their tendencies and your own shoe if it represents yours. Your partner should do the same. The trick is that you can't see your spouse, so you'll have no idea if they're answering the same way you are—although you'll probably be able to tell by your guests' reactions. Of course, after a few drinks, you and your partner's answers might get a little unpredictable. But those surprise moments are what make the shoe game so entertaining—especially if you both don't know the questions ahead of time.
You don't have to wait until your wedding reception to play the shoe game, either. It's the perfect icebreaker for your engagement party or wedding shower too.
Check Out These Sample Questions to Start You Off:
- Who makes the better breakfast?
- Who has the better shower singing voice?
- Who is more likely to make the bedroom floor their personal laundry basket?
- Who will want kids first?
- Who is the pickier eater?
- Who is more likely to fill the house with gear from their favorite college sports team?
- Who chose the honeymoon location?
- Who fell in love first?
- Who is more likely to leave their man/woman cave a mess?
- Who is afraid of heights?
- Who controls the credit cards?
- Who is a night owl?
- Who is more likely to burn the house down when they're cooking dinner?
- Who is more of a dog person?
- Who spends a longer amount of time getting ready for a night out?
- Who is more likely to spend all their money at a Bed Bath & Beyond (or insert couple's favorite store) sale?
- Who would rather be outdoors?
- Who is an early riser?
- Who is more of a party animal?
- Who is more likely to fall asleep in front of the TV with the remote in their hand?
- Who do you trust more behind the wheel?
- Who is more of a daredevil?
- Who is more stubborn?
- Who takes up more than their half of the bed?