Signature Cocktails for a Fourth of July Wedding
The Fourth of July is all about the red, white and blue, so if your wedding or any wedding events fall on the holiday weekend, kick your patriotism up a notch with these cocktails from Executive Mixologist Genese DeBeaux of the Monarch Rooftop Lounge in New York City.
Red White & Blueberry
Put a patriotic twist on your signature cocktail at your reception with these chilled sips. DeBeaux says that these red, white and blue specialty cocktails are a "festive and refreshing way to add a celebratory element to a Fourth of July wedding event."
1.5 oz Stoli Blueberry Vodka
.5 oz lemon juice
.5 oz simple syrup
1. Shake together with ice and top with club soda.
2. Add a splash of grenadine.
4th of July Spiked Sweets Jell-O Shots
Have fun with these playful treats, perfect for your bachelorette party or welcome party. "Guests will gravitate toward the patriotic colors in the Jell-O shots," says DeBeaux. "They're so cute you can't help but try one‚ or two or three!"
2 cups of Vodka (or spirit of your choice)
1 package of red Jell-O (flavor of your choice)
1 package of blue Jell-O
1 package of unflavored gelatin
3 cups of water
14 oz. can of condensed milk
1. Starting with the bottom layer, heat 1 cup of water to a boil and dissolve 1 package of red Jell-O completely. Add 1 cup of vodka (or spirit of your choice) fill up shot glasses 1/3 of the way with mixture. Let set 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
2. Heat 1 cup of water to a boil, dissolve 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin completely. Add 14oz can of condensed milk and stir mixing well. Let mixture cool a few minutes then pour over red layer another 1/3 of the way. Let set 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Heat 1 cup of water to a boil and dissolve 1 package of blue Jell-O completely. Add 1 cup of vodka (or spirit of your choice) fill up shot glasses the rest of the way. Let set 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
4. Makes 20-30 shots depending on the size of your shot glasses.