Theme Park Weddings
Here's a news flash: Not everyone wants a traditional wedding ceremony in a church or garden. If you're a kid at heart, why not have a theme park wedding? Imagine the thrill of pledging your eternal love as a roller coaster whips you into a 360-degree roll at 60+ mph! Whether you love the magic of the Magic Kingdom or consider yourself a thrill ride aficionado, theme and amusement parks can be wonderful sites to host "the big event."
Smaller theme and amusement parks usually offer special group rates, and some will even assist you with the details. Bigger theme parks, primarily located in Florida and California, often offer full-fledged wedding packages that include everything from coordinators to cakes! Here's a glimpse of the nation's top theme parks…
Walt Disney World And Disneyland
Disney's theme parks are among the most popular fantasy wedding sites in the United States. Disney's 2000 Intimate Wedding Package includes:
- Four or more nights at any of Disney's luxurious resorts and unlimited admissions to the park during your stay. Packages range from $3,154 to $3,656 per couple and can be customized.
- Unlimited use of the resort transportation, including monorails, ferryboats, coaches and four hours of charter limousine service. For an additional fee, you can ride to the ceremony in Cinderella's Glass Coach led by four dapple-gray horses assisted by three costumed footmen!
- Expert caterers, interior designers, florists, makeup artists, photographers and award-winning chefs!
Disney Cruise Line Wedding Package
This event starts out with the wedding ceremony on dry land. From there, board an original Disney Cruise Line vessel and head out to sea. Cruise three or four days to two Bahamian ports of call: Nassau and Disney's very own private island paradise, Castaway Cay. Prices range from $2,467 per couple for three nights to $2,717 per couple for four nights.
Knott's Berry Farm
Located in Buena Park, California, Knott's is known for its ability to combine modern thrill-seeking roller coasters with old west atmosphere. Complete with stagecoaches and mock train robberies, Knott's is also a beautiful place for a traditional wedding. Knott's Berry Farm's generous wedding package includes:
- Unlimited admission to the theme park during your stay, flowers, catering, an elegant wedding cake and guidance from Knott's experienced wedding consultants.
- Receptions in the NuWave Ballroom with special "extras" like art deco party decorations and ice sculptures, or in the authentic 1880s Wilderness Dance Hall.
- An invitation for the newlyweds to return for a complimentary dinner for two and all-day admission tickets in celebration of their one-year anniversary!
Wedding groups will feel like they've been mistaken for royalty! Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida pampers you with unbelievable services. Photographers will jump at the photo opportunities as you pose gracefully on elegant Crown Colonial stairs leading up to the reception site. Designed to accommodate from 50 to 800 guests, the Crown Colonial House reception package includes:
- Hors d'oeuvres, fine wines and champagnes, dinner, floral arrangements and entertainment.
- Color coordinated reception linen to match your wedding theme décor.
Peak season for theme parks runs from January through April with wedding bookings increasing in numbers from August through December. Theme parks usually schedule weddings and receptions before and after normal operating hours, so plan accordingly. Early birds can enjoy matrimony in the morning with a wedding ceremony held before the park opens to the public. Follow the blessed event with a scrumptious brunch and unlimited access to the park for the remainder of the day.
Unless you and the groom live a stone's throw away from your favorite theme or amusement park, this type of wedding often requires extra resources and planning. Give careful consideration to your friends and family members before committing to this type of wedding; unique celebrations such as these inevitably mean higher expenses for everyone, even your guests.
Keep in mind that your guests will probably be spending a day or two away from home in order to attend your wedding, so make planning easy. Reserve a block of rooms in a nearby hotel. Not only will you secure lower room rates, but you can keep family and friends in close proximity to each other. Make reservations approximately 12 months in advance, and be prepared to make a sizable deposit shortly thereafter.
Out Of State Marriage License
Laws regarding marriage licenses vary from state to state. Certificates may be required from the state where the ceremony takes place, not necessarily the state where the couple lives. Don't get stuck several hundred miles from home without the proper documentation. Be organized! Check out our state-by-state list of marriage license requirements for more details.