8 Dangerously Delicious Fall Wedding Cocktails
Mix up a cozy fall cocktail for your reception, engagement party or last-minute DIY dash with the bridesmaids (they deserve it!). Slice up seasonal garnishes like apple, pumpkin, fig or pear and put your mixology skills to the test. For the novice bartender, simply follow the recipes below to make a tasty autumn-inspired wedding cocktail!
The Bufala Negra
Perfect for the Southern wedding…or if you just love bourbon!
2 oz bourbon
3/4 oz balsamic syrup
2-4 oz ginger beer
3-4 fresh basil leaves
1. To make the balsamic syrup, combine equal parts balsamic vinegar with simple syrup over low heat, stirring frequently, until the vinegar and syrup are combined and slightly reduced.
2. To make the Bufala Negra, muddle the balsamic syrup and basil leaves together in a shaker. Add the bourbon and lots of ice, then shake well. Strain into a tumbler filled with fresh ice, then top with ginger beer and garnish with more basil.
Recipe from: Oh So Beautiful Paper
Apple Cider Margarita
For a fiesta wedding set in the fall, here's a tequila-based cider drink that will get everyone on the dance floor.
1 oz Grand Marnier
1 oz gold tequila
5-6 oz sweet apple cider
Orange segments and apple slices
Cinnamon, cane sugar, coarse sugar for glass rimming
Cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Add a few spoonfuls of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon to a plate. Run an orange segment around the edge of the glass, then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim.
2. Add a few orange slices in the bottom of the glass, fill with ice, then add the Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider and stir to mix.
3. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Recipe from: Party Favorites
Vanilla & Pear Vodka Cocktail
Who wouldn't want to sip this? A crowd-pleasing cocktail that's equally fit for a reception and a bridal shower.
12 oz (1.5 cups) pear juice
6 oz vodka
½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
Vanilla sugar, for rim
1 cup ice, plus more to serve over
1. Mix pear juice and vodka in a pitcher or shaker.
2. Split upen the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the juice and vodka. Add 1 cup ice, then give it a good shake.
3. Pour into cocktail glasses over ice and serve with sugared rim.
Recipe from: Two Tarts
Mixed Berry & Fig Old Fashioned
Need to get the party started at a bachelorette party? Don't let the fruity garnishes fool you– this hearty drink is equal parts pretty and strong.
1 tsp sugar
2 oz mixed berries (any combination to your preference)
1 medium size fig, quartered
2 dashes of bitters
2 oz whiskey
Fig slice, for garnish
1. Muddle and stir sugar, berries, fig and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add whiskey and stir to combine.
3. Pour strained mixture over ice and garnish with a fig slice
Recipe from: The Boys Club
Sparkling Vanilla A-Pear-Atif
Traditional bubbly gets a makeover with pear puree and an extra splash of liqueur.
1½ oz strained pear puree
1 oz Liqor 43
3 to 4 oz Spanish Cava, chilled (Note: any dry or brut bubbly wine will work)
Vanilla bean or pear slice for garnish
1. Make the pear puree by blending a peeled and seeded ripe pear. Note: you can use pear nectar for a sweeter cocktail.
2. Add the strained pear puree and Liquor 43 to a flute glass. Stir to combine.
3. Top with chilled Cava, garnish and enjoy.
Recipe from: The Kitchn
Classic Mamie Taylor Cocktail
Make your uncles happy with a fully-loaded Scotch cocktail at your reception.
½ oz lime juice
2 oz blended Scotch
4 to 6 oz ginger beer
Lime wedge garnish
1. In a tall glass filled with ice squeeze half a lime then add Scotch.
2. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge.
Recipe from: The Kitchn
Apple Cinnamon Whiskey
Turn up the fun factor in that wedding planning budget meeting with your fiance with spiked apple cider (served hot or cold)!
1 oz whisky
½ oz cinnamon simple syrup
4-5 oz. apple cider
1. To a highball glass filled with ice, add proof whisky, cinnamon simple syrup and apple cider.
2. Garnish the drink with a cinnamon stick.
Recipe from: Wedding Bells
Pumpkin Old Fashioned
Add pumpkin to the drinks menu of your rustic wedding with a fall-themed Old-Fashioned!
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 ½ oz bourbon
1 oz maple syrup
½ oz Grand Marnier
Dash orange bitters
Orange peel twist, for garnish
1. Combine pumpkin puree, bourbon, syrup, Grand Marnier and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a chilled old fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
3. Garnish with orange twist.
Recipe from: Saveur
See more cocktail ideas for your wedding!