A Ceremony Arch Made Of Books
The moment Jessie and Craig set foot in The New York Public Library, their jaws dropped and that's when they knew it was the perfect place for their wedding. Their shared love of the iconic library inspired their bookish, cosmopolitan day. Drawing on their venue and literary classics like The Thin Man (a prohibition-era detective novel set in New York City) Jessie and Craig crafted a timeless, city-chic affair full of dramatic lighting, and stunning details like the centerpieces, which were calla lilies frozen inside blocks of ice (flowers by Melarosa). Real-life librarians greeted guests at the reception with escort cards made from book loan slips. But the real showpiece of the evening was Jessie and Craig's custom wedding canopy — an installation by AaB Events made from 300 antique books and 500 hanging light bulbs! Dave Robbins Photography documented the event here and for The Knot Magazine Winter 2013.
Get the look!
1. Firefly pendant lamp, $199, CB2
2. Sterling silver cable collection earrings, $475, David Yurman
3. Library invitation suite, Minted
4. Vintage world atlas vase, $40, Ballard Designs
5. Crystal-embellished overlay gown, price available on request, Lazaro, (424) 249-3909
6. Personalized New York guest signature print, $300, The Knot Shop
From the album: A Sophisticated Library Wedding in New York, NY